Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Champs
One heck of a nail biting sitting on the edge of the couch ready to throw things around World Series.

Congratulations to the

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff8000] 2014 WORLD CHAMPIONS [/#ff8000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff8000] SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS[/#ff8000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff8000]
[/#ff8000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff8000][cool] [cool] [cool] [cool] [cool] [cool] [cool][/#ff8000][/font]
[signature]
There was a baseball game last night?[Wink]
[signature]
Great series for sure. But I was rooting for K.C.
The Royals were the first professional sport team whose games I went to starting at age 10. We used to get first row seats behind the opposing team dugout through a mutual friend of Ewing Kauffman the longtime owner of the Royals. All the visiting players could hear us as they came up to bat. They wouldn't acknowledge anything we said but every once in a while using humor you'd get a slight Smile out of them. Great spot for getting balls as more than once we got multiple balls between the 4 seats. One game back when Reggie Jackson was with the A's he cracked 2 bats. Both times we asked for and got the slightly cracked bat from the batboy. We sold one but my brother still has the other. Back then if those seats were already going to be used by someone else, the bleacher seats were all of $3.
Good memories watching the series, but it's tough for small market teams to win the big one as Jazz fans know all too well.
[signature]
Call me nuts if you want to but I've hated the giants ever since Juan Marishal(sp?) took his bat to Johnny Roseboro and was allowed to stay in baseball.
[signature]
We all have teams we hate, but the Giants are who I grew up with and yes Marishal is one of them along with other greats as Mays, McCovey, Alou brothers. The chant today throughout teams of the NL west is "BEAT LA". There were allot of hall of famers from the 60's & 70's era. I'll never forget the "Big Red Machine" of Cincinnati. But today, history has been engraved with the current winners, 3 championships in 5 years, a 25yr old pitcher who also pitched on 2 days rest got the longest pitched innings saved and his first save ever in the big leagues for being a starter. Madison Bumgardner is the Giants ace who became NLCS & World Series MVP.
Geezer your not crazy, this is what baseball was and how it evolved into todays game and is still one of the greatest sports events. For me it will always be the Giants.
[signature]
I have never understood the fascination that Utah's have with the Giants. All my cousins in SLC grew up as Giants fans. I guess that is because they were the closest team to Utah.

Personally, I grew up with the Cardinals. Bleacher seats were only a buck in the old Sportsmans park. then Busch Stadium, and now the new Busch Stadium. Haven't been to a game in 40 years, since I moved to Utah. Last game I attended was the Series between St. Louis and Detroit in 1967. For some reason, my father got the company box seats for the games and I went to all 4. Broke my jaw in football, so skipped school and went to the games. Bob Gibson pitched 4 complete games and won them all. Beat Denny McLaine in a couple of them. Found it interesting when they made such a big deal about the Giants pitcher that won game 7, pitching in relief, plus two complete games, big deal.