Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brown's Draw (Report)
Took the kiddies up to Browns Draw (about 5 miles West and just a little South of Neola, UT.) yesterday afternoon(01/01/2004) since the wind wasn't blowing and it was about 30 degrees at the house. The draw is only 10 minutes away, but it was blowing and miserable up there. We only stayed for about an hour. We drilled five holes to find the ice about 10-11 inches. The only fish caught were caught before I was done drilling holes.

The two girls, 17 and 12, caught the only two fish. They were caught 5-10 feet below the ice in 20 feet of water using a yellow minnow plastic jig tipped with chartreuse powerbait trout nuggets.

Two Rainbow Trout. Pan fryers as would be expected from a pond. One was about 12" and the other about 10". They each said they missed at least another 6 bites. I missed one. Too slow on the draw, I admit it.

We decided to get out of there and after packing back up and getting home, it was just as we left it, no wind, and about 30 degrees. B.M. (not BLM folks) said it was because he went. I can live with that. Now I know that the little bows in there will bite through the ice, I'm sure I'll start making trips a few nights a week.
[signature]