Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Falls report 11/8
Hey guys,
I know I dont post much but havent been able to do much fishing lately with school.
I did have a chance to get out on the water this morning by the hatchery. Didnt land any trout but caught two decent mountain whites and hooked up to another three that i couldnt tell what they were, though at least one did seem like it was likely a rainbow.
The fishing was decently good but not as well as in a few previous years and the size doesnt seem to be the same but we'll see if the big guys start to show up soon.
Wont say what i was catching on on here, need to pm me for that info, but have heard decent reports off of streamers and san juans.
hope this helps yall out
[signature]
Fireman,
thanks for the report. I went there last week and had a similar experience. I heard that some people were catching fish, but when i got there I couldnt really find any open water that was very good, but the couple of trout that i did manage to catch were really nice- chubby hatchery fish in the 14" range! I think that the water is too muddy for the streamer fishing to be good. It is much dirtier than years past. the fish that I caught were all on small beadheads with light tippet fished 9' under a bobber with a lot of weight. I wish I had more time to get out there before the weather gets cold and the fishing consequently slows down!
[signature]