Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public Land West of Utah Lake
I drove all the way around the lake today from the West side, near Saratoga Springs where I live, over to Payson and back up to American Fork. I saw a few turn outs that had state signs, but still found it a little confusing as to where the public and private lands meet. According to the maps posted on some of the signs certain areas should have been State or BLM land but I kept seeing "Posted: No Trespassing" signs.

Anybody provide any clarity?

Anybody done any rabbit hunting along the west side of the lake? I saw plenty of dead ones on the road, even saw a buck and doe running around.
[signature]
That area is hit hard and your right there is allot of private land out there now. Do you have a 4 wheel drive?
[signature]
Not yet....

I was out again this morning around the Mile Post 19 area and found a lot of bunnies.

They still have the "No Target Shooting" signs up. Does that apply to hunting as well? Or is it only applicable to target shooting? I was reading the paper and it says the closure should have ended in August of this year, but it also said the agency reserves the right to extend if needed.

Anyone heard anything on this?
[signature]
(maybe try calling saratoga police or dnr office) <-forget that. I found out the answer to your question while looking for land to hunt out there on BLM website. Yes you can hunt those areas that are closed to target practice. According to to the BLM lake mountain closure order. "The closure would be for target shooting only and will not impact legal and lawful hunting." http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/salt_lake...oting.html
[signature]
Thanks for the clarification.

I assumed this was the case, but we all know what happens when you assume.

Looks like I will have to head over there this weekend with all this snow in the forecast
[signature]