Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humminbird Cartography
I've been looking at the Humminbird 698 SI finder. Not ever having a finder that had a card slot, I was wondering how it all works together.

The 698 SI has Humminbird UniMaps built-in to the unit. From what I've seen they do not have much useful information. If you want to have contour lines you have the option to upgrade to Navionics HotMaps (20 Utah lakes charted) or Humminbird LakeMaster. (24 Utah lakes charted). They have 11 common Utah lakes between them.

You also have the option to purchase Humminbirds AutoChart software with the Zero lines card. AutoChart records the information needed on to the card in your unit while out fishing to create your own contour lines for the lakes you fish, and that could take a long time.

So this is what I was wondering. Can HotMaps or LakeMasted charts be permanently downloaded to the unit to replace the built-in UniMaps, or do you always have to have the card in the unit to use the HotMaps or LakeMaster charts.

I ask because the unit only has one card slot, so if you were using say the LakeMaster card to view contour lines, you woudln't be able to use AutoCharts at the same time to record data. Is that correct, you can only use one or the other card at a given time.

I'm so Confused.
[signature]
have to leave the card in the slot. higher end units have two slots so you can switch back and forth.
[signature]