Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake AF Boat Harbor
Drove through AF boat harbor in Utah lake this morning before I went to Rockport. There were two "skinny" guys out on the ice. They were doing quite well for white bass. Ice was a thin 2 inches. They were walking real carefully. If the cold holds out, the ice might be thick enough for some of us "heavier" guys to get on. I'll check it tomorrow after we get back from Rockport...
[signature]
Thanks for the update Chester,keep us informed,I can't wait to walk on Utah.
[signature]
I want to walk on Utah too, but I'm exactly 2.8 skinny guy's.
[signature]
On January 1st last year I fished the Provo boat harbor. We were standing on the docks in the marina and drilled holes alongside the docks to fish through. Two small oriental men showed up and were wearing PFD's. They walked straight out on the ice, even with it being less than two inches thick. Even as light as they were that ice did some considerable bending under their weight. I am definitely more than two skinny guys, so I didn't follow their lead.
[signature]
Checked AF boat harbor today after we got home from Rockport(2:30). Ice looked really soggy, probably worse than yesterday. Didn't look as if anyone had been on the ice today. There were two trucks there with guys sitting in them, augers and poles in the back. Looked like they were waiting for the ice to freeze.

Took a drive down to the pumps about 4:00. There was 2" of fairly good ice. Several guys on the ice fishing. We got on and fished till dark. Ice was thin on the east side of the channel(didnt spend much time on that side). West side was a little thicker. Between my son and I we caught 9 white bass and 1 perch. Not really fast action, but not bad. Some of the other guys caught a few while we were there also. Vexilar didn't show a lot of fish in the area, but the water was only 6-7 feet deep so the sonar couldn't show very much anyway. I drilled about 20 holes and checked them all. Might be an option tomorrow if you don't have a better place to go. Temp is about 18-19 right now, so the ice will be getting thicker.
[signature]