Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Ice Fishing Challenge Rules: 2014/2015

Ice Fishing season is upon us and I'm excited. I have agreed to moderate this year's Ice Fishing Challenge. This is a friendly competition/challenge that's a lot of fun getting out and fishing different waters to collect different fish species. So let's get it started. See the rules below and let me know if you have any questions, suggestions, corrections etc.

[#0000ff]Welcome to the 2014-2015 Ice Fishing Challenge. Due to state law we can only have 49 people enter this type of contest. Registration starts today and will close on December 30th or earlier if full. Entry money will be due by January 28th. Please get it to me ASAP and be on time. Contest starts November 22nd. Contest will end April 20, 2015. Winners will be announced by April 30, 2015.

1. There will be a five dollar entry fee again this year. (reply to this post and I will send you a PM with info on where to send your entry fee).

2. Must be a registered member of BFT to enter. The current contestant list is located at the bottom of this post. When your name is green, I’ve received your entry fee and you’re good to go.

3. Points will be awarded by the half inch (1 point/inch .5 point/half inch).

4. Must have a picture with the fish on the ground next to the tape, the BFT logo with your BFT username and 2014 – 2015.

There is printable banner with the BFT logo at the bottom of this post that you can add your username to. Pictures of fish in the air next to a tape will not count for points. All pictures must be taken at the lake.

5. Picture should be taken from end of ruler, ruler laid on the ground under/next to fish. Need to be able to see both ends of the tape (see example attached).

6. Check that your camera’s date is set, photos will be judged as current based on their “creation date” in the file information.

7. Points will be awarded for up to eight fish.

8. Three fish must come from the following list. (Black Crappie, Yellow Perch, Bluegill/Green Sunfish pictures (grouped together), Bullhead Catfish, White Bass)

9. The other five can come from the Native or Nonnative sport fish as classified in the Utah 2014 Fishing Guide. There will be one exception. Burbot will also be allowed to count as one of the five.

10. Cuttbows will be classified as a Cutthroat.

11. Utah public waters only. Reciprocal lakes count as Utah waters (i.e. Bear Lake and Flaming Gorge).

12. You must post your own fish for it to get credit. I can help anyone who has problems resizing or posting their photos. Please post your photos in JPEG format on the Utah Contests forum of BFT and not links to another site. Photos must include the banner and a clear shot of the ruler to be counted. Take extra pictures to be sure! Please do not post large pictures inline. If you want to post inline to “tell your story”, downsize, but a large photo attached to the post helps confirm the correct measurement (zoom). Please watch the glare – I need to read the numbers.

13. Posts must include species (common name) of fish, date caught, name of lake (No Abbreviations), and length of fish.
If you choose to, you may leave the name of one lake out of your posts. All fish from this lake do not need the name of the lake posted. The name of the lake does have to be given to one of the moderators of this board in the form of a PM though.

14. Entries should be posted within two weeks of the catch.

15. Anyone harassing another contestant for posting the name of a lake will be disqualified.

16. Anyone attempting to cheat or found cheating will be disqualified.

17. Anyone disqualified forfeits their entry fee.

Prizes:

The pool of money collected from the entry fee goes to first place. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff] [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]5 OVER 20” - $50 to the first contestant to post 5 trout (5 different salmonid species) 20” or longer. This list includes Lake trout, brook trout, splake, tiger trout, brown trout, rainbow trout, cutthroat trout, kokanee salmon and whitefish. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We also welcome any prizes you would like to donate or contribute to.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff] [#ff0000]Check back for more prizes to come.[/#ff0000][/#0000ff][#0000ff]

Entries can be upgraded
For Example: If you catch a larger perch but have one posted already, no problem. Post the new perch and your points will be adjusted. You don't get points for both fish, but the larger one will be the one counted.

Please check your pictures of fish at the lake if you can. If it moves and doesn't show the full length of the fish, I'm sorry but I go with what shows up in the picture. Points are based on the photos. No limit on size of photos this year but please don't abuse this. If anyone has reason to contest a photo or entry, please do so via PM to me. Do not challenge an entry on the open forum. If you notice any errors or have questions about my tracking, shoot me a pm.
[/#0000ff]

Contestants

[#000000][size 4] [/size][/#000000][#000000][size 4][#00bf00]sharksugar101
bornfishin
redfrog
(last year’s winner)
Darn0
BIGbites
Hookngrinin
jjannie
watermarauder
[/#00bf00]
[/size][/#000000][#ff0000][size 4][#00bf00]Ton_Def[/#00bf00]
[#00bf00]Flyfishinglover [/#00bf00]
[#00bf00]Ahi1953[/#00bf00]
[/size][/#ff0000]
[size 3][#00bf00][size 4]TroutMan93[/size] [/#00bf00]
[#00bf00][size 4]The_Red_Leaker[/size][/#00bf00][/size][#00bf00]
[/#00bf00][size 3][#ff0000][#00bf00][size 4]Ktrout[/size][/#00bf00][/#ff0000]
[#ff0000][#00bf00][size 4]kentofnsl[/size][/#00bf00][/#ff0000][/size]
[#00ff00][#00bf00][size 4]FishSlayerJT[/size] [/#00bf00][/#00ff00]
[size 3]
[/size][font "Calibri"]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]
[/#000000][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]
[/#000000][/font]
[/font]

[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[signature]
nice should be fun again, thanks for hosting it Hookngrinin.
[signature]
Should be fun! I'm in!
[signature]
I'm in, this time is my turn to win.
[signature]
I'm in
[signature]
Count me in again!
[signature]
It should of started last week [laugh]. I've been ice fishing 2 weeks in a row already [Wink]
[signature]
Count me in. Thanks!
[signature]
PM sent
[signature]
PM sent
[signature]
PM sent
[signature]
PM sent
[signature]
Why not - I'm in!
PM sent
[signature]
Count me in!!
[signature]
Welcome to BFT and the Ice Fishing Challenge. I hope you have fun with it and look forward to your posts. I sent you a PM with info on where to send your entry fee. [cool]
[signature]
where do I sign up
[signature]
Welcome to BFT and the Ice Fishing Challenge. Check your messages for info on where to send your entry fee.
[signature]
Why not!? I'm in!
[signature]
Hey man I will join in for the fun even when I'm not sure when I will be leaving Utah [laugh].
[signature]