Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bull head cat fish in echo reservoir 0.o
I wonder why would they ever want too toss bull head catfish in echo!!! I don't know if this is a error or dwr is just plain stupid right now [crazy].

https://dwrapps.utah.gov/fishstocking/Fish

ECHO RES SUMMIT BULLHEAD CHANNEL CAT 1524 6.26 11/13/2014
[signature]
It does seem odd. At the very least, a bullhead is not a channel cat and vice versa.

Edit to avoid embarrassment. I read "Echo" and thought "East Canyon" when I mentioned catfish eating stunted smallmouth. Blame old age, willya?
[signature]
I've heard people 2 years ago catch big cat fish but all I can say it's another fisher man story. I've never caught a channel out of there after fishing it for quite a bit especially when it was full.

If there really put bullheads they gotta be drinking something weird is all I'm going too say and I hope they didn't really put bullheads.
[signature]
There is a guy in coalville that catches tank sized cats out of echo every year, he fishes for them in a pretty odd way, but it works.
[signature]
I understand channel cat fish being planted but why bullhead???
[signature]
Notice that all of the catfish that were planted at any reservoir are referred to the same way as "BULLHEAD CHANNEL CAT". The length of the ones that they planted elsewhere would indicate that they are channel cats.
[signature]
Didn't notice it till I changed it by species list. At least that clears that confusion up, but why don't they just put Channel Catfish.
[signature]
Looks weird doesn't it? They have had that typo for years. I don't know why it is but it sure does confuse quite a few people each year.
[signature]