Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum Ice
Just drove by Hyrum Dam a minute ago,I live 4 miles from it. Still open water out in the middle. 4 guys fishing off the swim beach about 30 yds. out. Don't know the ice thickness but it can't be much! Tightlines, TAXIMAN
[signature]
[left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I just got back from looking over Hyrum. I saw people fishing at the spillway and off the swim beach. I drove into the ramp area and checked the thickness of the ice in a hole drilled earlier today. The hole was 20 yards off shoreline and the ice was 5" - 6" thick but not the best quality of hard, clear ice. There is open water about 100 yards out from the ramp. There is also open water in the middle and close to the east end but all open water areas are closing in every day. [/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]If I was going to fish Hyrum, I'd play it real conservative and drill a lot of holes as you go. The ice thickness could change thickness in a short distance. Sections of the lake are very fishable but BE CAREFUL![/size][/font][/left]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Just an update on Hyrum. The lake is capped over. As I drove by, I didn't see any open water. I'd be real careful out there because of the thin spots but by the weekend it should be primo. Also I was told 3000 trout were planted in Hyrum about Thanksgiving time so there should be something to catch![/size][/font]
[signature]
Driving over the dam tonight I noticed some tracks a good 50 fity feet from shore. So the ice must be good. Good not tell if any holes had been drilled.
Thanks for the info. I'll either be at Hyrum or Porcupine this weekend.
[signature]
hey let me know how it is I'm dieing to fish hyrum for perch.
[signature]