Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield Nov 30th
I am heading up there Sunday. Never fished there before, been reading some posts and am wondering where would be a good place to start. I'm thinking of starting by the dam and working from there, or look for other tents out there. Any info will help thanks!

I'm going to be leaving centerville at 6 am.
[signature]
The dam is a great place to start.
[signature]
The arm back from the dam would probably be the best. Also on the north end out from the State Park boat ramp might be good.

I usually like the west side over by that trailer town of West Schofield. Was there on Saturday and walked way out on the ice (200 or so yards). Drilled several holes on the way out. Found 4 inches of ice but only 1.5 feet of water. I thought the finder must be wrong so I put down a jig - the finder didn't lie. Most of the time I could see weeds from the bottom through the ice. Maybe if I had walked to the island I might have found deeper water. The lake is really down this year so your best bet is going to be where the water is deep enough to fish. Good luck.
[signature]
I like the channel the dam is in near the main channel. About 15 feet of water. Try some 2" tube jigs in white/black fleck for tigers.
[signature]