Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanksgiving
Wishing a happy and safe Thanksgiving to all the BFT family. Some I have been fortunate to meet this past year, Curt, John, Jeff, Mike, RockyRaab, and others not yet actually met, but have read your posts, Pat, OldCoot, BLK, and numerous others.
Enjoy the day off if you have it, and the time you spend with your families. If you are traveling for the holiday, be safe.
[fishin] Happy Thanksgiving
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool

[signature]
Hope you have a great Thanksgiving as well Forest. Are you getting out to Willard for any late season shore fishing, like last year?
[signature]
Curt, as a matter of fact, have been thinking about that today. Unless something comes up that changes my plans, I will head out there in the morning. Probably get breakfast at Stagecoach about 7 ish, then head to north marina. Not doing any of our Thanksgiving until Sunday.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I don't even know what to say......
[signature]
[#0000FF]Thanks for the kindly wishes...and the same back to ya. Hope you have a good family session on Sunday.

And also hope you find some willing fishies if you get out to Willard. I'm nursing a twisted knee I got from slipping on a piece of ice on my last (masochistic) trip there.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

[signature]
[quote Flyfishinglover]Customers demand made black Friday into black Thursday so who ever works in retail work while people are actually celebrating the holiday.

You should check a book out about Thanksgiving. The Indian helped the Americans out by teaching them how to plant and harvest properly. In the end people these's days don't care about it. If it wasn't for Thanksgiving we might not even be alive in the US.

Hope that explains it all a little better.[/quote]

Get out of the retail business,Ive been in it for 55 years,and its not gonna change.
[signature]
Ya I'm still waiting for the word from Montana how many they are hiring. Luckily I my sister bf works with a big company that doesn't have to deal with retail or office work.
[signature]
Hey Forest thanks for the wish and I hope your day turns out good. Best of luck good friend. Later Jeff
[signature]
FFL,
I just want you to know I celebrate Thanksgiving properly:
Here is a quick run down, please let me know how I am doing?
Thurs: I fish at UL or work on my duck blind till 11ish. I then have all my family over for the rest of the day for a nice meal.
Fri: I almost always goose hunt this day. If the geese aren't cooperating, I will shoot ducks instead.
Sat: Depending on how well friday went, I may hit the geese again. I have not winterized my boat yet so a trip out on the lake is also a good option.
Sun: I go to Church to give thanks to my Creator for such an awesome world to live in.

Are you serious about the indians helping the pilgrams or are you pulling my leg?
[signature]
Schools still teach that positive view of Thanksgiving but some Indians call Thanksgiving, "Day of Mourning". Not many folks are aware of this, especially those fresh out of school.
http://americanindiansource.com/mourningday.html
[signature]
Good post wiperhunter,I was aware of the day of mourning,but had not read this. Opened my eyes a bit.
[signature]
That was an interesting article. A little known fact was that Cryspus Attucks was of mixed Wampanoag and African descent from Natick Massachusetts. So they played a critical role in the start of the American Revolution as well. The Wampanoag tribe survives today. I by chance ran into their annual Powwow at Lake Cochituate while in Massachusetts late this summer. http://natickprayingindians.org/index.html
We just sold the house in and will be completely moved back to Massacusetts by the end of the year. I guess that was a better time to have run into them than today , their Day of Mourning.
Happy Thanksgiving and to My Native American friends sorry for the past injustices. And to FFL quit your damn whining (and no I'm not going to explain who Cryspus Attucks was to you even if I'm sure you're clueless).
[signature]
i was wondering who was going to tell FFL to quite whining, he should be grateful to just have a job, when a lot of American don't have jobs.
Sorry that you our leaving us here on BFT Utah board but maybe you can get the BFT Massachusetts board going when you get there[Wink].
[signature]