Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Access to Strawberry Marina
Drove into the Strawberry Bay Marina today to see the access conditions. From Hwy 40 to the campground entry station the roadway is approximately 50% snowpacked (maybe less) and 50% asphalt. The roadway from the entry station to the marina is asphalt. When I say asphalt you may be traveling in ruts in the snow pack; however, the bottom of the ruts are exposed asphalt. The boat ramp is totally clear - see attached photo.

There were 15 - 20 pickups with boat trailers parked at the marina. The marina parking lot has been cleared of snow. The temperature at 11:00 a.m. was close to 40 degrees - so the roadways are thawing and only getting better. With the above average temperatures forecasted for the next week, it appears we will have October fishing clear into the second week of December.

Maybe there is something to this global warming debate. I remember ice fishing at the bottom of the boat ramp on December 9th some 15 to 20 years ago. That ain't going to happen this year.
[signature]
Is the road open around to the Indain creek boat ramp? I heard that that ramp was clear also.
I did not travel around to Renegade. I did notice some trucks parked over at the inlet to Syar Tunnel. I would image you could drive to Renegade. I do not know if I would tow a boat over there & I am not sure of the condition of the boat ramp.
[signature]