Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
December 5 Report
Wasn't going fishing on Friday but the cloud cover looked good so I headed out. Didn't even get to Boulder Harbor till 1:00pm but headed to the wash for shad. The lake had fog on it which was kinda cool but yet kinda weird at the same time. Almost felt like I was somewhere else. Not sure if I am getting better at throwing the net or if there is just a lot more shad now but I had plenty in about 10 minutes. Drifted in the wash area for a couple hours for nada..again. Headed back to Pyramid Island since it has been producing for me. Fished about an hour and the sun was starting to set and still had not caught anything but did lose a couple right at the boat. Then I noticed the birds dive bombing a few hundred yards away. Immediatley headed that way and
that was the ticket. 7 stripers in about an hour as it got dark. Beautiful evening @ 60 degrees.
[signature]
I saw you out there, i was the blue pontoon (with green fish lights) just opposite of you at boulder. I tried your spot later in the night, just a couple of small guys. Think it may have been the depth, kinda shallow. The point I was sitting on had a lot of fish coming thru the area, I want to say 60-75 ft depth is what I stayed in. I was cutting up my dead shad and chumming them, may have been the ticket. Fishing REALLY picked up about an hour maybe 2 hours after you left.
[signature]