Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coyote Hunting West of Utah Lake
Im a NEWB to this hunting board in Utah. Long time user of the fishing boards for both Idaho and Utah.

Looking for some advice on some areas around Utah Lake and/or west of the lake around Saratoga Springs and Eagle Mountain. (I live out here so I am looking for something closer to home for quick trips)

Not looking for anyone to hotspot or anything like that, just someone to point me in the right direction. I see coyotes out here all the time, just not sure where to chase them or if it is even worth it out here.

Thanks
[signature]
Go a ways West, the further the better. The totes are very educated anywhere close.
[signature]
Thanks for the info.

I see them out in the fields on my way to work and some evenings so I was curious.
[signature]
If your seeing them go after them. If there in the same fields day after day setup an ambush on them. don't call them because the other guy is right they are going to be wise to the call just get in a spot you can get a shot at them. There are no rules to hunting Coyotes just the opportunities given to you. A mouse squeak may bring them to you I'm sure that is what they are eating out there in the field. The west desert is hit hard don't waste your time those dogs have heard every call you can think of. work on the dogs you are seeing if you can get a safe shot at them go for it.
[signature]
Thanks for the advice.

My only issue is the spot I see them most days is Private Land...it is surrounded by public land so I probably just need to watch them and see where they go back in the hills to bed down and go after them there.
[signature]
Faust has yotes... Keep calling and calling and move around every 30 mins... I hunt further north but have days when we get 4 in a day
[signature]
Thanks for that info...

I was looking at some maps for out that way and it looks like some decent hunting area for small game and yotes.

I have never done much calling but I will give it a try.
[signature]
Called two yotes yesterday in about 1 hour.
[signature]
This one came up to is about 20 feet out
[signature]
great looking yote...I am going to try and get out this weekend.

Just bought a couple calls yesterday to start practicing some new calls
[signature]
You are right on the money. Faust does have 'em. Be careful out there on some of the roads. They can get funky.
[signature]
+1

And make sure you have at least one spare tire - two would be better. Some of those roads out there are tire eating SOBs.
[signature]