Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake
Drove around Bear Lake yesterday 1/4 of the ramp at the maring was plowed. There were 3 boats out. Looks like the first one out had to breake Ice then the other ones followed. Snow is quite deep I tried Ideal Beach no way not even with chains. I drove over to the east side and they don't even have cisco beach plowed out yet. I couldn't even drive down there. Hopefully the weather will warm up a little and we can use the marina but I'm not holding my breath.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I've seen guys bull their way out through the ice just to come back at the end of the day to be froze out of the marina. The larger thicker slabs by the docks can break loose and block the channel. Not that that has ever kept me or any one else from going out but it can be a major pain to drop someone off at the dike so they can drive around to the east side. Unfortunately, there aren't any east side ramps now if it happens. Carrying a big steel digging bar to bust up ice might be the only way to get back in! [/size][/font]
[signature]
That is a very good idea. This happened to me once and we had to do just that. Unfortunatlly its like you say there is no usable ramps on the east side at this time.[unsure]
[signature]
Hopefully we will get a January thaw and things will be back to normal. I have been spoiled and have not ice fished in a few years. Hopefully I can continue this trend.
That is great news! I hope to get the boat up there soon. I sure don't want to keep sweeping the snow off of the cover (because I didn't winterize it -- hoping to get to use it at Bear Lake) for nothing.
[signature]