Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba 12-6
I don't know what I was thinking, got there early and tried hard at the dam and the narrows, got one of those spiney carp. didn't see any other fish caught, cloudy and windy.
[signature]
Yuba has been tough this year, sorry about your poor success but at least you were not shunked[:/] and I'm sure it was better than staying home[Wink].
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I thought maybe just maybe I might stop in there saturday on the way south...who knows I might just be masochistic enough. What were you using? Water temps?
[signature]
Sorry to hear no pike showed up. I think the fish wised up after the beating Yuba got last year..Yuba is an interesting fishery for sure. Hopefully the eyes and perch numbers increase in the coming years.
[signature]
what happened to the millions of pike and all those successful spawns they have each year that so many members on here talked about?? and how we all needed to do our part to kill as many as possible? Pretty soon we'll hear about a phantom die off that happened that nobody saw? Is it possible the numbers and spawn successes were grossly exaggerated? could it just be that there was a decent number of unpressurred pike that got absolutely blitzed by the hype monster and now there just aren't many left? Who knows,, but we should start to see tons of perch and walleye right? because those perch transplants during really low water years will have a great affect right?
[signature]
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm in your questioning? Funny but not.
[signature]
[quote utahgolf]what happened to the millions of pike and all those successful spawns they have each year that so many members on here talked about?? and how we all needed to do our part to kill as many as possible? Pretty soon we'll hear about a phantom die off that happened that nobody saw? Is it possible the numbers and spawn successes were grossly exaggerated? could it just be that there was a decent number of unpressurred pike that got absolutely blitzed by the hype monster and now there just aren't many left? Who knows,, but we should start to see tons of perch and walleye right? because those perch transplants during really low water years will have a great affect right?[/quote]

Lots of pike still in Yuba....was there Sunday and caught several. Those saying they are gone are up in the night.
[signature]
[indent]They aren't all gone, but the successes of their spawn each year were grossly exaggeratted. We'll see how well the ice season goes for everyone. I want to see the members on here who talked about the millions of pike to go down there and slay them and show me some pics.
[/indent]
[signature]
The fishing this spring was nothing compared to last year. Not even close. Of course, there is going to be someone who caught tons of them every trip and had to shoo them out of the way while loading the boat [laugh]
As hard as I fished the three times I went I was discouraged with the outcome and it kept me from going back. That and the reports from spring til now. I still have no desire to go back yet.
[signature]
That's great you got into Pike. Tell us more about your experience and pictures would be nice. I might hook up the boat if I can be convinced that there is still a good fishery there.
When Yuba ices over it could be great fishing as Pike seem to be more susceptible under the ice.

does anyone know the results of the DWRs fall seining/netting on Yuba? Pike? Perch? Walleye?

Any information would be appreciated

[url "http://www.handinhandoutdoors.org"]www.handinhandoutdoors.org[/url]
[signature]
I'm pretty sure most of the perch became dinner for the pike and walleye's[laugh].
[signature]
I didn't check the water temp. I tried minnows, for pike, worms, for eyes or perch and a super duper I caught pike on last year, I was bank fishing, I might have done better with a boat but I didn't see any of the boats doing any better. I might try again if it freezes this year, when it's good it can be great, I just can't pick a good day.
[signature]
Ok, I will be bank tangling Saturday as well. I will pop in for a bit and see if I can convince a pilke to bite. Thanks!
[signature]