Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storing rods in the garage???
I was going through (untangling) all my rod and reels today and was wondering if there is a cheap way to store your

rod and reels without them just all standing in the corner. I am up to 14 rod n reels now and need to store them maybe on the wall or something. Right now they are just all standing up in the corner.
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Hey there patrickacox,[/size]

[size 1]There sure is an inexpensive and safe way to store your rods on a wall. They sell these heavy rubber u-clamps. They attached to your wall with one screw. Might have to use a plastic molly. Just space the clamps as to where you want your them to grip your rod. They sort of look like the metal spring clamp that you would use to hang garden tools on.[/size]
[signature]
don,t i hear ya there. haha least ya got a garage to put em in. take a wall take some long nails spread em out so,s there balanced, and hang em. haha or git the single coat hanger with the u and hang em. general same idea only looks better. [Smile]
[signature]
I have a canvas colapsable lawn chair bag I can fit in about 15 20 two peice rods.

I went to wall mart and picked up a plastic box that will hold all my reel for under 5 bucks.

they have plastic boxes that will hold two peice rods and reels. they are long about 3-4 feet about 18 inches wide and about 10 inches high. you should be able to get in a dozen two peice rods and reels in that box. I think the box sold for about 8 bucks. I was just there two days ago when I saw them.
[signature]
Thanks for all the suggestions.
[signature]
[size 2] My friend also has a ton of poles. What he did is bought a couple 2 x 4's and some 2" PVC. [/size]

[size 2] He basically put the 2 x 4's down the side of the wall then cut small piecies of PVC to sit the poles in. Very Cheap, but works.[/size]

[size 2] If you store reels seperatly Target and Walmart sell this plastic 6 drawer storage deal w/wheels. Works good too[Wink][/size]
[signature]
Hey buddy, It is unfortunate that we have no way to keep all of our rods wet during the whole year but sometimes a season change forces us to store away with the summer stuff and break out the winter stuff.

I mounted some 3/8 plywood on my garage door and attached some 1 1/4 ABS pipes to them. 1 1/2 or 2 inch would be preferred if the poles have larger butts.

First I cut a piece of 3/8 plywood to a 1'x4' piece. Then I mounted several pieces of ABS pipes side by side, but staggered on the heigths.(if you want to leave the reels in) This rack allows me to keep about 30 of my off season or not being used right now, poles in it. They stay off the ground and when I'm ready to use them I can simply remove 1 or more of them with ease.
[signature]
I really wish I had problems like the rest of you...I just got a new rod for Christmas and it brings my grand total number of rods to 3 spinning rods and 1 flyrod!!! lol [crazy]
[signature]
I don't really have that as a problem. I originally built that rod rack to hold my saltwater poles. But now my son has really been bitten by the fishing bug. The rack only holds my deep sea poles. 4 in total. The rest of my rods are constantly being rotated between freshwater and inshore saltwater use.

Santa Clause was nice to me as well. I ended up with about 12 new rods and 8 new reels. There is just too many options when you can go to fresh and saltwater on the same day.
[signature]