Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cabela's openning store in Farmington
https://www.ksl.com/?sid=32704241&nid=14...=popular-3

Wish it was a Sportsman's Warehouse store, but at least I can have my shipments shipped there and save shipping.
[signature]
It will be good, I goto the one in Grand Junction quite often. Just wish a bass pro would come too. Vegas is the closest one to us.
[signature]
I had heard they were planning to open another store in Utah but was hoping it would be farther North. Oh well, it still a lot better than driving to the Provo area. I agree Sportsman's Warehouse has better pricing.
[signature]
Any farther north and it would have been near Ogden, and as we all know, Ogden is Utah's red-headed stepchild. Salt Lake City elite consider anything north of Lagoon to be "Baja Idaho".
[signature]
I have heard this more than once but they were talking like they might put one right outside of Brigham city, by the freeway exit. As far as the total numbers of people in the area, I guess Farmington is a better location.
[signature]
Yup, anywhere in that stretch where I-80/84 merge would be very smart.
[signature]
I don't think of Baja Idaho starting until you get past Kaysville [laugh]. Better than Banjo Utah starting at Fairview[shocked]. I'm surprised they built a store so close to the Lehi. It will split where the people from SL valley go. Maybe they figure Farmington will also bring in more from northern SLC and Davis Counties that won't drive to Lehi. if they make it further North they'll lose that and I doubt the closeness to I-84 will pick up that many now that Cabelas are everywhere. I driven by their Sidney Store twice. In 1998 I stopped in and bought some stuff. This year I didn't even consider going to the store even though I spent the night in town.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Makes no nevermind to me which Cabelas store I don't buy from. At one time I spent a lot of money annually on rod building supplies, fly tying and jig making components. Now they have either quit selling most of the stuff I use or they are twice the price I can get it for elsewhere. I still have a Cabelas credit card but all my "points" are earned from purchases elsewhere. Sportsmans loves to put scorch marks on my Cabelas card.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I hear ya. I had that Cabela's Visa card for about 3years after they opened. After about 2 years I quit going to Cabelas much. I dumped that card long ago.
[signature]
Location works for me, It will be five minutes away. Not sure if I qualify for Baja country ,but if so thats great.
[signature]
The only thing I've ever bought from Cabelas is wool glomits... and I bought them online, because Lehi is way too far.

The good thing about Farmington is I can finally take my nephew to feed the aquarium fish that I've been saying we'll do for the last 3 years LOL (at least if this one does that, like the Lehi one does)

The bad thing..... fudge shop! I go down to Bountiful every week to the cat shelter, now I'll be soooo tempted to stop by for treats. My poor wallet... LOL
[signature]