Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Snow ???
Just curious anyone has been up to Strawberry and know what the snow conditions are on getting down to the East Chicken Creek, Ladders or over to Renegade? Just would like to put the pontoon in the water tomorrow morning for a few hours before the Family Christmas party.

Thanks
[signature]
Drove by earlier today and saw about 6 inches or so on the ground at ladders and cce. Should be fine with 4WD.
[signature]
[quote TD1]Drove by earlier today and saw about 6 inches or so on the ground at ladders and cce. Should be fine with 4WD.[/quote]

Looks like no change since the last time we were up there. need to get another trip in before Christmas
[signature]
Thank you for the reports. I was able to make it up. It was slower than I had hoped for, but was still a good time. I am hoping it doesn't get snowed in this week. I would like to go up again this coming weekend.
[signature]
Just talked to the Strawberry Marina, no access beyond the turn off to the marina, boat ramp is snow covered, he said he wouldn't advice going down the ramp, might be possible if chained up in the front.

Will report tomorrow the results of getting on the water with pontoons.
[signature]
Yes please do give us a reports.

Thanks
[signature]
The DOT website has a couple of handy cameras that are not exactly what you are looking for, but they are helpful at giving you a sense of what is happening up there.

One in Daniels canyon, one at the summit, one right near CCE and another going over the summit to Soldier creek.

[url "http://commuterlink.utah.gov/"]http://commuterlink.utah.gov/[/url]
[signature]
Troll thank you that link is very helpful
[signature]
Still open water, but no real good access to the water for pontoons. No access past the turnoff to Strawberry marina.

I believe Chicken Creek east is plowed in a ways, but still quite aways from the water, same with Mud Creek, and the ladders .

Closest to the water is the small boat ramp at Strawberry Marina.I if you want to drag the pontoons down to the water, probably a hundred yards, maybe a little less, thru the snow which is around 14-18 inches ,with drifts being a little deeper. Its possible. The big problem is having to drag everything back up to the truck ,pretty steep ramp.

There were a few bank fisherman that walked down to the water, but for obvious reasons there were no boats ,tubes or pontoon's on the water that we could see.

If there would have been a decent place to get to the water we would have fished for sure. Some hardy souls willing to drag there stuff to the water , its doable ,or have a snowmobile to tow to the water, would be easy at the ladders, Chicken Creek . Beware it would be difficult to turn around at Mud creek with a trailer.
[signature]