Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starwberry 1-03-04 (report)
Fished Chicken Creek West on Saturday and had a pretty good day. After pushing through thigh deep snow and then 12 inces of slush on the ice, we fished from about 8:00 until 2:00. We caught 25 fish all together. There was four of us fishing in our group. The hot ticket was the white "Whatta Cricket" tipped with wax worms that I picked up at Hooked on Friday. We were in 15 feet of water and jigged right off the bottom. My oldest boy had 3 fish on the ice in the first 20 minutes. Biggest one was 23" and the rest were right around 18 to 20. Only two were bows and everything else was cutts. Planning on going back up on Friday. Hopefully the slush will be frozen and the wind doesn't blow like it was when we left. Forgot my camera at home this morning so I can't post pics with my report. Maybe tomorrow.
Nice report Crestliner, have they plowed the road to chicken creek west? How far did you have to walk through the snow to get to the area that you fished? It sure sounds like a lot of work but at least you got into the fish. WH2
[signature]
The road is plowed open. It is about a three block walk to ice. We walked about another block to where we fished. It was alot of work but worth the effort for me.
Sounds like a fun trip, I am looking forward to getting on the ice at the berry. I am hoping it stays good for a while longer.
[signature]