Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake 12-23
Got launched at first point at first light. It was a rough trip across to the rockpile and there wasn't any wind. It must have just quit blowing. Anyway the fishing was great. My buddy was not excited about going to Bear Lake he said he was jinxed there. Not any more! He schooled me he must have caught 10 or 11 and I think I got 6 of which only 2 were 20 inchers all the rest were hogs. Check out the laker that needs to get food stamps! His head could have been on a 15 pounder but he was around 8 lbs. Big fish was a 10 lb laker and a Cutt just under 10 lbs all the rest were 5 to 8 lbs it was a great day the wind stayed down. Most were jigged up off the rockpile on a swim bait. That bite quit about 10:30 and we picked up on the east side jigging or trolling. One fish got to the top and got off at the surface, I wasn't paying attention and he spun around and hit it again. I missed him but dropped it back down about 10 feet caught him again, brought him back to the top and he got off again! He hit it 2 more times before he quit. It was awesome day!
[signature]
Great report. Hope to have one of my own soon.
[signature]
Nice mess of fish Mr. Payne.
[signature]
Mr. Big Head Mack was probably one of the older macks in the lake. He was well past his prime and like real old men with big ears and big noses and thin bodies, that mack too was probably a 15 lb king of the hill in years gone by.

Great report.
[signature]
[quote Old_Coot]Mr. Big Head Mack was probably one of the older macks in the lake. He was well past his prime and like real old men with big ears and big noses and thin bodies, that mack too was probably a 15 lb king of the hill in years gone by.
.[/quote]

That's pretty funny and probably true!

Yes Mr. Payne is a fine fisherman. I hope to fish more with him.
[signature]
Nice looking fish Chad, except for the ugly one. Glad you had a good day.

How did you manage to get out on Christmas? That would never happen at my house.

RJ
[signature]
OOPS! read the date wrong.
[signature]
Is the dock still in at First Point?
[signature]
Yes it is still there.
[signature]
I was wondering when you go out to jig do you use a two point anchor system or just the one anchor ? An nice batch of fish there ! What a toad cutty that one had some shoulders !
[signature]
I have a Terrova electric that has a virtual anchor. That thing is amazing and worth every penny IMO. It takes all the stress out of boat handling. We did catch several just drifting though. The fish were pretty aggressive and we just nearly dead stick. Most fish were caught between 2 and 12 feet off the bottom. The jig was cisco shaped.
[signature]
Yeah those trolling motors are nice to have I need to invest in one . I was going to head up there on Wednesday but I'm thinking it will still be windy! I Have some sweet jigs I'll send you a pic later
[signature]