Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear lake so much for that
BEAR LAKE - The rangers at the Bear Lake State Park informed us that they will shut down the bubblers (deicers) at the State Park marina today and let the marina freeze over for the year. The bubblers have not been able to keep the marina free of ice even with running 24 hrs a day. As of Monday (Jan. 5) there has not been any boats or shore fishing taking place on the lake, so an accurate fishing report cannot be provided. There is currently about 18 inches of snow around the lake which has made beach-launching boats almost impossible.

I really wish they would keep them running for a couple more weeks it may not make any difference but if it warmed up I think it could. What do you guys think. I just hate to know my fishing on Bear Lake is over until spring..[crazy][crazy][crazy]
[signature]
I didn't see that this info was already posted, sorry. But if anyone is interested I'm going to try and take my 4 wheeler over to the east side on Friday, Sat., or Sunday and plow the new ramp to the water. It is supposed to warm up mid week and it will drive me crazy if I can't fish. Snow is pretty deep but I think I might be able to push it.
[signature]
I imagine that it is costing them some serious bucks to run the aerators 24/7, which could be better used for other needs. I hope that you are successful. How far out into the water does the new ramp currently extend?
[signature]
The new ramp only is concrete to the water's edge. After that is rocks. You can launch a good sized boat there, but I don't think you'll be able to push off the big berm if ice that is frozen around the edges. The parks was going to ask the county to use their grader (patrol) to push off the ramp, but last night we had 30-40 mph winds all night and this morning there was a huge frozen solid ring of ice extend from the water's edge up about 8 feet or so. I don't think you could get a boat over that bump, but if the weather warms up who knows.
[signature]