Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eskimo auger repair
Took my auger out last night for the first time and its having a hard running. It bogs down as soon as it hits the ice. Took 10 min to drill 5 holes and was lucky to get those. Also it was having a really hard time starting. Anyone do repairs or know of a good place to take it? Thanks for any help. By the way scofield was -18° and all we caught were chubs
[signature]
There is a repair shop in Logan, one of the guys on this site works there. I guess it depends on where you live and how far you want to drive to get yours fixed. Do you run Seafoam or Stabli in it?
[signature]
Name? Phone number of repair shop?
[signature]
I do run Seafoam through it. From the little research I did that is what was suggested to me as well although it didn't seem to help. I ran it through the last couple times I went out last year when it started doing it but this last trip it was super bad. I was able to find a shop closer to home, since I'm in Lehi, Logan is quite the drive. Thanks for your help though! Now to find some fish.
[signature]
The problem with most 2 cycle motors is that they sit for months before they are used and that oil gums up the jets, causing them to run poorly, if at all. If you did not use the Seafoam until after you started having problems, that was likely the issue. It was likely too gummed up to help, unless you ran the motor for a long period of time.
[signature]
Sorry David, I can't help you, I spent some time trying to find the member I was writing about but he has not posted recently and I don't remember the exact spelling of his user name. I'll keep looking but I don't remember the name of his shop. His user name was something like Catmaster43[:/]. I do know he was an authorized Eskimo auger repair shop but can't find the report where he said that.
[signature]
Thanks. If you come across it, please pm me or email me if you can.
[signature]
I googled, "Eskimo auger repair" and came up with several down closer to where you live David, I'm sure you can call any of them and ask if they could fix whatever problem you are having.
[signature]