Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua Map Chapter 2
I fished Mantua thru the ice for the first time today. I caught and released 5 trout and kept a limit of perch.
[inline IMG_20150102_190104926_HDR2.jpg]

I put my original Mantua map to use, but went one step further. I created a mosaic of the side scan data that I recorded at the same time I recorded the depth data.

[inline "Mantua side scan.jpg"]

Using the side scan mosaic map I located several weed/brush piles and fished directly over them. One pile alone produced over 30 perch! Other piles produced 2 - 6 fish. Once a pile quit producing I moved to another one.

Ice was 4-6 inches. I found one small patch of open water, otherwise no cracking and solid. In short, a fun day.
[signature]
You never did tell us which fish finder you're using. Dang sweet toy. Looks like it was worth the investment from today's results. Nice job. J
[signature]
Wow looks like you cleaned out the pond[:p] Nice work!
[signature]
I have a Lowrance HDS-9. Any of the HDS models can record sonar logs. Some of the Hummingbird units can record as well

There were a couple of Fish & Game folks out today doing creel surveys. According to them, There is a very large population of perch in Mantua.
[signature]
Nice catch.... I know where I am headed on my days off. Thanks for the maps..[cool]
[signature]
1. Great job on the perch.
2. That map is awesome. Also, it looks like a pile of bacon on it which makes it more awesome [Wink]
[signature]
[quote wagdog]1. Great job on the perch.
2. That map is awesome. Also, it looks like a pile of bacon on it which makes it more awesome [Wink][/quote]

BACON!
[signature]