Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AF harbor 1/4/15
Took the kid out to AF sunday morning started at 8am. Landed one perch within 10 minutes of setting up. solid 4 inches of ice but only 4 feet deep anywhere. The bites came in waves we moved around quite a bit but everyone had the same story hits then nothing. We had to work pretty hard for what we got. totals for the day 20 10" whites at least a dozen or more dink whites went back 1 gill and one perch. From the talks with others the usual sonars were not the ticket small ice fly or jig was the answer. Also waxxies were the key meal worms were unappealing for some reason.
[signature]
Thanks for the report! I was hoping to get into some panfish when I went Saturday but didn't see anything but white bass. All the same I filleted them up and today we'll see how they taste on some fish tacos! If they're good I'll be back for more from AF harbor sometime soon Smile
[signature]
There was one guy slaughtering the gills by the southern rock line he seemed to fishing 2 maybe 3 feet out from the rocks
[signature]
Anyone been to AF harbor recently? I'm going there with a group on Saturday and I'd like to know if we should be planning on fishing from the docks through .5 inches of ice due to the warm front.
[signature]