Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback between marcum vs hummingbird flasher. please help.
So my birthday is next month and my wife was goning to get me a new pair of hunting boots, but we im proud to announce that we are having a child a month before the elk hunt, dont wanna leave my wife and newborn home alone so i turned my focus on a flasher. heres the question:
Which flasher would you choose?

Hummingbird 350 of the Marcum VX-1 Pro Flasher?
i have been with my cousin when he had the Hummingbird and am somewhat familiar with how it works, not sure how to set up any flasher, this will be my first. but since he has bout a high end marcum he swears by but these are the two in my price range. any personal opinions are greatly appreciated. Hummingbird has dual transducer but the arcum has more watt power, please help!
[signature]
Just bought a vx1 pro on Sunday...have very little experience with a flasher and it was very easy to use, no learning curve. After about 5 minutes I felt like I knew the functions fully...marked fish, used the bottom zoom, adjusted the gain....very simple and effective. I looked at the hummingbird as well but liked the marcum set up (included the case). You have to buy a case for the hummingbird which is another $50. I don't think you can go wrong with the marcum. Just my opinion...
[signature]
For what its worth; I like using a regular fish finder, I have a humminbird, and then you can move it between summer and winter applications... You don't necessarily have to have a cover either... I like to graph areas in the summer that show potential for winter use on the GPS and then I know where to start on the ice... One problem I've seen this year though is the reservoirs have raised a bunch from summer levels so some of the good spots are too deep and other high and dry spots are now the good ones... Anyway if you do any softwater fishing, theres something to consider... Later J
[signature]
Save your money and buy the marcum LX7 it graphs does flasher vertical flasher and all. I use mine on my boat and then ice fishing best unit out there hands down. But between the bird and marcum I would go marcum. I havery had 4 birds in the past and horible customer service. One of the units being the ice 55 marcum has great customer service and by far better units. Just my opinion
[signature]
Setting Up Your Fish Finder for Ice Fishing

[url "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g--Gp-MLlKY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g--Gp-MLlKY[/url]

I would get a finder that will work in the summer also
I like himminbird, but the humminbird I have cost a lot, you get what you pay for.
[signature]
I think you ment to reply to the post originator, but I agree with you. J
[signature]