Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek Dinner
Stopped by Deer Creek this afternoon for some shore fishing looking for some trout. I only fished for a few hours. The bite really picked up around 3:30 and was good all the way till sunset when i left, I assume it was going to stay good for a little bit longer but i had my limit and was ready to drive back to West Valley. I was fishing off the last pull off along HW 189 after the island just before the turn off for 3600 W heading towards the Charleston bridge. I was casting out as far as i could with about 4 feet of leader. They were loving my Chunky Cheese and Salmon Peach Powerbait. the lake is 90% open water and i saw a few boats out there.
[signature]
Good looking mess of fish. Good dinner or smoker fixins for sure. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
nice report! I don't have a boat or tube so shore reports are nice to hear. That larger bow on the stringer looks pretty healthy. What did it measure?
[signature]
About 14"
[signature]
Nicely done. I live in West Valley myself. Do you take Parleys or Provo canyon to get up there?
[signature]
Nothing like a little softwater action in the middle of winter. Thanks for sharing the pics![cool]
[signature]
Went to DC yesterday on the pontoon. Its was actually pretty warm but the fishing was not. Only managed to net one and let him go. 12-14" guy. There was one boat trolling back and forth just past the island and the one buoy in the main bay. I saw them pull in a few and there were also a few others on toons but one guy said he had no luck.
[signature]
Thanks foe the update. You're really getting me wantin to get out now.
[signature]
Cool pic…were you flyfishing?
[signature]
No. I was using spin gear. Mostly tube jigs. Tried a fly and bubble for a bit but no luck.
[signature]
I would probably use a fly rod and a spinning rod. One with a jig tipped with something the other a woolly bugger on a full sinking line.
[signature]
The forecast looks pretty "warm" for the week so I will probably have to try that with the fly rod if the water stays open until the weekend. Thanks
[signature]
I think I saw you Rom1452 out floating when I was coming home from Strawberry. About 1:30 PM on Sunday. Nice Fish!!
[signature]
At that time I think I was the only one floating other than a red boat trolling around. Thanks!
[signature]