Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry report 1/6/04
Fished at the marina this AM. Seems everyone else had to work or didn't want to brave the near 0 degree temps. The three in my group were the only ones on that side of the lake except for two tents that we saw at Mud Creek as we were driving out. The fish didn't seem to mind that it was so cold and they were fairly active although the bite was light. My fishfinder was worthless to mark fish (just too cold for the LCD display) but good for depth. We fished from about 7:30-10:30 using foxey jigs tiped with meal worms in about 20 feet of water. Landed 22 cuts between the three of us. All in the slot. Lost several others at the hole and missed many bites because they were so light. The good thing about the cold is the slush is now gone and walking and standing is much improved since new years day. By 10:30 the sun went behind a cloud and the breeze picked up and soon after our hands were too numb to re-bait. According to the web site for strawberry temps it was about 6 degrees when we left.
Bigcat
[signature]
Thanks for the report BC, it's good to hear the slush is freezing again. How much of the slush is frozen, all the slush or just the ice on top? WH2
[signature]
Good news. I like to hear the slush is gone!

Thanks for the report. Not getting many reports from strawberry this year. All the snow must be keeping us all away. You would think we all lived in florida.
[signature]
I'll be headed that way regularly once I get my snowmobile registered![Wink]
[signature]
There wasn't any slush on tuesday...solid all the way through. You could tell where is used to be because the ice was cloudy there and then a 6 inch clear layer. It was a wonderful change from when we fished on new years day and got wet over the top of my Sorels (they are really warm until you fill them up!) Hopefully heading back out next Tuesday. Maybe it won't be 6 degree's on that day.

Bigcat
[signature]