Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek
This last storm has made Deer Creek a little iffy. The lake is still ice free, but it looks like they plowed the parking lot, and piled it up in front of the boat ramp, making it difficult or impossible to get down the ramp to put in a boat or pontoon. Only other way if this is the case is to drag everything down the ramp, not a great option. This is looking from the live cam.

After looking at it again, it may be the angle of the view ,the pile of snow, but regardless the ramp itself is completely snow covered , but parking lot is clean.
[signature]
Maybe Friday. But not at the break of dawn for me. Maybe around 9 or 10. If not, the river is there,
[signature]
Yes, looking at the options. Surprised they didn't bother with the ramp, its not a lot of snow, and like they don't want any launching ,blocking off the ramp. It has been totally open on the ramp until this last storm.

I see no need for 0 dark 30 , maybe 9 earliest for us.
[signature]
Do you have to pay to enter in winter?
[signature]
Yes entry fee is $5 by the island unless if you got a state park pass [Tongue].
[signature]
Is there more than just one boat ramp ??
[signature]
I'm not sure if Wallsburg still have there dock in the winter time.
[signature]
Do you know of any place there to get close enough to the water to launch pontoon boats with motor battery etc ??
[signature]
Can't you just take it down the boat ramp? Over the snow?
[signature]
[quote remo_5_0]Can't you just take it down the boat ramp? Over the snow?[/quote]

Sure can, probably ride it down, some of those boat ramps are pretty steep , but no worries going to fish the weber instead.
[signature]
Guess where I went
[Image: 10882206_10204696777253814_6047297023478...0e1aad.jpg]
[signature]