Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
biggest fish ever from Hyrum dam??
A lady I work with caught this fish on Hyrum a couple of weeks ago. It is a nice fish. What's the biggest you all have seen from there?
[signature]
I was fishing there the morning she caught that one and the warden that checked my license was telling me about it. He said it was 25.5" and around 5 lbs. he also told me that another guy got a 9 lb rainbow a couple days before. Think he said 27" but I forgot what he told me. My best catch that I can remember was 23" and it's been a while since I caught that one. Not very big, but wish I could get some closer to that size now. My biggest this year is 16". Later J
[signature]
What test line is that? Just kidding that is a great looking fish!!
[signature]
That is a nice brown ... I've never had much luck there for trout but when bass start biting there it can be tons of fun. Caught this guy earlier this summer near the Car Dump on a yellowish motor oil colored tube jig.
[inline IMAG3140.jpg]
[signature]
Here is a link of the fish my dad caught out of Hyrum a couple of years ago.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=818026#818026"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/...i?post=818026#818026[/url]

I ended up painting him a reproduction of the fish.

In Hyrum you just never know what might hit your line. keeps it exciting
[signature]
I caught this brown at Hyrum in 2012. The laddle is 23 inches long.
I put this one back.
[signature]
You did a great job on the reproduction. Very Cool.
[signature]
Very nice fish, thanks for posting that picture... J
[signature]
Just curious as to why no one hammers on ppl keeping these big browns. But are so quick to string up a guy or kid for that matter for keeping a cutt or mac??? Just a question
[signature]
Out of respect for the OP, why don't we not turn this post into something like that. There's plenty of posts like that already. Find one and let 'er rip.

To the OP, that's a hefty brown your coworker caught. Smaller lakes like that hold a few gems in them. I remeber seeing a guy catch a 5lb brown out of Grantsville and my brother caught a nice 3lb rainbow in the Uintas soaking a worm on the bottom.
[signature]
That looks awesome
[signature]