Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any new info on pineview?
Anyone been up to pineview since the weekend, if so what was the ice and fishing like?
Thx
[signature]
I posted a report on monday night, and crappielover89 also did, he was fishing Monday night. Look through the forum. It has been colder since Monday so I would imagine that not much has changed.
[signature]
I was up there today with 2 friends. The ice was only about 4 or 5 inches and the edges were soft to about 5 feet out.

The crappie fishing was good. But the bite stopped right around 10. The crappie would school up at 30 feet and stack up and down from there. A couple times there were so many it created a false bottom on the flasher at 27 feet. We were in 42 FOW. We all came out with a limit of crappie and not a single perch was caught. We even watched a tiger muskie cruise just below the surface of the holes. I hope this helps you out.
[signature]
Where were you fishing at? I'm heading there in the morning and was wondering how the port ramp was for ice access, or if most folks are staying around browning or cemetery point.
Thanks.
LT
My dad and I fished by the docks Wednesday evenings. No fish finder but we eventually found some small crappie by the boat ramp. Very light bite.

We went back today for a quick trip in the afternoon to the same spot but didn't catch any fish. We are both new to ice fishing so it could be poor technique.

The ice is extremely slick.
[signature]
If you don't mind me asking, where were you fishing? I'm heading up there Sunday and I wanted to bring back enough fish for some tacos. PM if you want. Thanks.
[signature]
I went up yesterday afternoon. Tried to enter north cemetery point but couldn't find ice thick enough to walk on. Went to the south side beach area, was able to get on. Ice was 5 inches everywhere I drilled. It looks sketchy a bit and is very slick, use cleats for sure. No luck for me on landing any fish. I don't have a flasher or fish finder so it was all about luck for me. 5 inches of ice still gets to my nerves when they are expanding and cracking right under you Smile
[signature]
If you don't have a flasher or finder you will have a very hard time getting into crappie. They school mid water column and if you can't see what level they are schooling at then you will have a very difficult time.

Thanks for the info on the ice thickness.
[signature]
This is true to a point. Crappie do tend to suspend, but I've been catching a lot of them on the bottom too. I will have schools of suspended fish come through on the finder, but there's still fish on the bottom. A finder is absolutely invaluable though, like you said. The suspended fish seem to be more aggressive but you'd never know they were there without the finder. I would not even leave the house without mine!

As far as a report...hit the view this morning from 7-12. Caught a few decent sized crappie, even located a school of perch but they were small and went back. Ice is 4-6 inches of clear hard ice with an inch or two of grey ice on top. Was popping and growling making ice today.
[signature]