Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear lake ciscos - update 1/19
1/18/15. I spent the morning with a buddy on the rockpile jigging for ciscos. It was absolutely fast action for a mix of whitefish, cutts, and ciscos!
The ciscos are just barely coming on and I managed about 20 on a castmaster. It will only get better for the next couple weeks.
Picked up 4 nice cutts on the castmaster. I got a lot more fish by jigging the lure in the bottom 8-12" instead of ripping for the heavens with the rod, just small firm pops were the best. Fished from 8-12:30 and water temps were 36 degrees.
There are a few ciscos starting to show up along the shorelines too, but not in great enough numbers for a couple more days to justify a shore fishing trip. This coming weekend (Cisco disco) should be really good.

Teriyaki grilled trout fillets for dinner tonight![Smile]
[signature]
Just an update 1/19/15. As of this morning nothing along the shorelines along the east side of the lake and nothing at the marina. They are still schooling up on the rockpile and the fishing for them is starting kind of slow but picking up steam as the day progresses. This warm weather is making them start late it looks like. I'll keep posting updates as they come in.
[signature]
Thanks for the updates!!
[signature]
Thats pretty cool to get three native species from that lake in one spot in one morning. Nice picture.
[signature]
Very nice, looks like fun. Thanks for the update. J
[signature]
Spent the morning on the Rock Pile. Had lots of fun hooking plenty of cisco and quite a few white fish. All the white fish are still swimming. Had some good cutthroats on but just couldn't quite get them to the net today. One would of been my new best he looked to be close to the 10 pound range. We watched a couple guys and a boy trolling around us catch two big macks today. The young boy who reeled them in was having a heck of a time holding them up for the pictures. I would say they were in the 15 to 18 pound range. I was very jealous but happy for him.
[signature]
Awesome catches! Have u ever tried to eat cisco?
[signature]
Yes. Very delicious!
[signature]
Great pictures and appreciate the report. Hope to be up there myself this Saturday. A request though, any chance you could post your pictures with the head of the angler on top of the picture?
[signature]
Thanks. I hope they are in on saturday, the warm weather is really screwing things up.
Just looked at the picture and my head IS on top of the picture. [Smile]
Are you sure your computer isn't upside down?[Wink]
[signature]
I figure there should be plenty of cisco on the Rock Pile. Haven't restocked my cisco supply for two years and I need a fresh supply, plus I think used the last of my cisco on my last trip up there.
[signature]