Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mead 01-18-2015
I rarely ever leave the house muchless head to the lake on a holiday weekend but bordom won and we headed out this morning. I was starting to wonder if the lake was closed or I missed something in the weather. Hardly a sole around for the drive and other than the boat pulling away from the dock as we arrived we had the ramp to ourselves at Boulder. The lake had very very light traffic all day in general. Matter of fact I have seen more boats on the lake on a Monday than what was there today. Just odd for a weekend. Worked for me!

Weather was perrrfect. A little overcast, hardly any wind and sweatshirt weather other than the sunrise run to the wash.

Lots of Shad and easy to catch/be picky about the ones one kept.

13 landed before lunch/11am. All catch and release. I don't care for frozen/thawed Stripers and wasn't feeling cleaning them/cooking tonight. All were caught in double digit deep water. I never ventured into the triple digit waters since they are a pain to successfully release.

We had several doubles and one triple that got tricky since it was only Madi and me in the boat. I just let the one rod go until I landed mine and Madi's then she got that one.

Kicking back enjoying the day.

[Image: LakeMead_01-18-15_001.jpg]

After 11 we went exploring/screwing around for a few hours. I attempted to locate some SMB/LMB but zero luck. Winter is my LMB/SMB nemesus. One of these days I might figure it out...

I am sure this has been in this location for years. Someone was hating life at one time or another.

[Image: LakeMead_01-18-15_002.jpg]
[signature]
It was nice out this weekend, glad you made it out. My favorite part of winter fishing is the lack of boats on the water. Thanks for reporting.
[signature]
Ah! I wish I would've went out. For some reason I thought it would be packed with the holiday weekend and all. I was by myself and didn't want to hold the ramp up if it was.
[signature]
Gotta do what one has gotta do. I've been launching "alone" since we bought a boat a little over 3 years ago. I also hate being that guy taking up space on the dock but we get to play too. I just go as fast as possible. (Madi isn't old enough, legally, to launch/drive the boat by herself.)
[signature]