Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon Ice?
I have been interested in ice fishing East Canyon, but with it's elevation I wonder about ice conditions. Has anybody been by or know the ice condition? I may drive by on the way home from Strawberry this weekend, if I do I will report.
[signature]
Cowboy Up!
Here is a link to a post I made a little over a week ago about east canyon, no ice then. WH2

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ead#unread
[signature]
Went by East Canyon on Monday it had unsafe ice then. Saw lots of big deer though.
[signature]
I was on East Canyon last Saturday and caught plenty of fish between 14-18 inches. Caught 26 between the three of us in 4 hours. There was only one other group on the lake besides us. Part of the lake is still open and by the dam area is still unsafe. We were able to get on, on the other end of the lake. Ice was three inches and a little spooky, but was worth the scare. All fish caught had scars. Should be good and thick by this weekend.
[signature]
Where is the best place to fish on the lake, how is access, do you have to pay to park
[signature]
Along the East side of the lake is the best. Off the points at Dixie Hollow and Taylor Hollow. White and glow seem to be the best colors. As for paying it is a state park like Rockport so we will have to pay.
[signature]
Cowboy Up!
Does anyone know if they close the road going up and over Mtn Dell that take you to east canyon. if so how does a SLC boy get there with a car that cant go thru jermey ranch
[signature]
I thought you got to it from The Mt Dell exit.
[signature]
Yea then up and over the pass. I just thought they closed that road in the winter time. Guess not?
[signature]
Its been a long time since I've been there, but have never fished it.
[signature]
The east canyon gate is closed right at Little Dell reservoir for the season. I wouldnt suggest taking a car or 2 wd the Jeremy ranch way either. there is a lot of snow back there, a truck or 4wd shouldnt be a problem. IN the winter I take I-80 to 84 then go through Morgan or Henefer this time of year, just to be safe.
[signature]
do tyey plow the road from that side into the lake?
[signature]
Yes they do, they plow the road from the town of morgan in, and also they plow the road from Henefer in. The two roads is actually the same one, they just make a giant circle from the lake to 84. The road on the east side of the lake is also plowed to the winter closed gate 2 miles past East canyon.
[signature]
hey moose,

to get to east canyon youll have to go up weber canyon and over. not parleys way. and you dont have to pay to park unless you pull into the state park area which is the boat ramp on the north side. if you park and walk down on the east side your ok. hope this helps.
i noticed what polo said about the henefer entrance which would be the closest from salt lake. but i know from experience, because it is less traveled it tends to be harder to get through on in a storm. right now with no storms at the present moment it should be fine because they do plow it, but keep in mind if its snowing it will be the harder of the two.
[signature]