Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake mead 1-19-15
First of all thanks to all that have shared such great info. From netting shad, different rigs to types of finders there has been such great info on here. Thanks for not going private. My wife and I bought a boat this past fall and it has been 20+ years since I have fished. Aside from a couple here and there, this has been the first trip to mead that I have considered successful. Although all the trips have been fun. 68 degree weather in January and pretty much no wind was the icing on the top.

Good day on the lake. Launched at boulder and headed to the wash. Lots of boats fishing the wash, actually idled down the last 3/4 mile cause there were so many boats. By far record time for me netting shad. In and out in under 30 minutes. Drifted the wash for awhile, grabbed one right away then nothing for an hour. Headed out playing with the sonar. Got into some outside the wash then just kept trolling up then drifting past that waypoint. Kept 7 for us and some friends. All around three pounds the smallest just over two.

Beautiful day on the lake and the forecast is looking better this week. Even saw a boat pulling a skier out there. Here are a couple pics from the trip.

Cheers
[signature]
Excellent!

Thanks for sharing.

I've been keeping an eye on the weather too. Looking good for this weekend/Saturday for me. To be seen if any honeydoooo's gets in the way or not of those plans [angelic]
[signature]
Sounds like a fun day. I was out yesterday (Tuesday) and noticed the shad were plentiful but kinda small compared to two weeks ago. I could not get there till noon and I think the bite is usually off by then but with the cloud cover I decided to go anyway. Still no luck for me in the wash again. Was once again able to pick a couple up at Pyramid Island and another one near the intake tower after the sun went down. Super nice weather and water was like glass
[signature]
Not looking good now... Going to be a non-fishing weekend for me..

Quote:Saturday Sunny, with a high near 64. East northeast wind 18 to 20 mph becoming north in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph.
[signature]
Nice work on those filets, they look great. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]