Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help with bottom line?
My boat yelled at me for not fixing the bottom line on thee off season. When i turn it on, it works for a bit, then it loses the bottom no matter if I am sitting still or on a plan? can any one give me advice?
[signature]
Does your unit have an adjustible depth range feature?

Your depth range may be set shallower than the bottom. In wich case you would only view the range of water selected.

If thats not it, I would check your connections.

I had this same thing happen to me at causey last week. I turned it on, it read the bottom at 200 ft then jumped to 1.9 ft. I was only in 26 ft of water. I looked at the connection on the back of the unit and had failed to plug the sonar connector in all the way. I pluged it in all the way and back to normal.

How long is a bit? If it works for twenty minuets then looses bottom, thats messed up, but if it is just for a few seconds as the unit is initializing, that may be normal and you just need to adjust your settings.

What depth does it read? Does the depth it reads stay the same all the time? Or does it read 20 ft deep one day, 50 ft another day, ten feet the next day?
[signature]
That sounds like the bottom of the transducer is either coated and needs to be cleaned, or it is just plain going out. Check it very carefully for cracks too. Even a tiny amount of water inside the unit causes big problems. The only other time I have had any problems like that with any BottomLine was because it was on the same battery as my ancient main motor and the non-resistor plugs were causing interference.

If all else fails, Bottom Line is very good about fixing even obsolete units at a very fair price. I have sent two to be repaired and both times it was $65 and they replaced anything and everything that even looked like it could use it. They completely rebuilt my fishing buddy for that price, and even updated the main board and features on an old 210TBL to the features found on the 4100 pro including a new transducer. They had the units back to me in less than a month too. They are in Meridian, Idaho.

Hope it helps. Good luck.
[signature]
I agree that the first suspect would be the transducer. It's not uncommon for them to go bad. Also check the connections, clean them, and apply some dielectric grease.

Another thing you can check is for a reboot sequence. Check the manual or Web site.
[signature]
Hey Curtis Fish,

How long ago did you have work done on your 210TBL? I have a 210F that is on the blink. I was wondering if they(BottomLine) might be willing and able to fix it? I have one or two horizontal lines that are always on the screen, from one side clear to the other, like a whole row of pixels is stuck on. I haven't used it in a while(because of this) but I believe it was still reading depths and marking fish the last time I had it out. Thanks for any info.

m
[signature]
Matador,

It was just two years ago that I had it fixed. Contact customer support to make sure they still have the parts.

Computrol, Inc.
499 E. Corporate Dr.
Meridian, Idaho 83642

Telephone (208) 887-1000
Fax (208) 887-2000
Email: [url "mailto:customerservice@computrol.com"][#0000ff]customerservice@computrol.com[/#0000ff][/url]

The main site is

[url "http://www.cannondownriggers.com"]http://www.cannondownriggers.com[/url]

They should be able to take care of you. My screen was almost burned out and it came back better than new.
[signature]
Thank you Curtisfish,

I was hoping that you were going to tell me that it was just a few weeks ago. Oh well. Thanks for the contact info. I will give them a call.

m
[signature]