Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who works on boat motors?
I am looking for someone who knows what they're doing with boat motors. I have a little 15hp motor that hopefully just needs some minor tune up work. I don't care if its a full shop or if they work out of their garage. Just want someone who is knowledgeable and reasonably priced. Anyone help me out with this?
[signature]
Send Geezer a PM
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/com...ame=GEEZER
He helped me on my last boat motor and knows his way around motors. If you want a marine shop try Lee's marina in Hyrum. I've had experience with both and they both are good but Geezer is cheaper.[Wink]
[signature]
Fred Slock- has a service van he works out of and comes to you. 801-403-8234.

Pinnacle Marine- in SLC does good work. 801-266-4421.

I have used them both and was happy with their work.
[signature]
Walton Marine is the oldest Mercury dealer in Utah, he's in SLC. Mike Walton does a great job and is more than fair. He replaced a reverse gear in in my outboard for half the price of others. He's a little finicky in his ways and will tell you outright if he doesn't want to work on your equipment, but he's a good guy that does great work.
[signature]
Sad to say but Mike died last year. He was a true character in the marine business and will be missed by many and not at all by a few. I for one miss his wit and straight forward attitude. It was a pleasure having cocktails with him!
[signature]
[quote fishday]

Sad to say but Mike died last year.

[/quote]

Looks like he had a wide variety of interests and talents.

[url "http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/saltlaketribune/obituary.aspx?n=michael-thomson-walton&pid=166587123&fhid=10932"]Link[/url]
[signature]
Thanks for the referrals, looks like I have some good options now.
[signature]
Thanks for the news fishday. Although I didn't know him really well, I guess I was just one of many random guys that Mike treated great.
[signature]
Mike berated everybody--I don't think he wanted anybody to feel left out. He was a genuine nice guy once you got to know him a little. I didn't know him that long but was introduced to him by a good friend who I think he respected so that may have helped get me in his good graces. Plus I am a lot like he was so birds of a feather...
[signature]