Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua on Sunday
Well the wife and I (and puppy) headed to Mantua on Sunday. Our first spot was a bust, but the second spot was a lot more fun. There were no record sizes or amounts of fish caught, but I was able to get my first LMB and we caught a few bluegill. None of them were huge, but it was a beautiful day and the outing made us some memories.

The ice was solid and about 6" or so on arrival around 8:30 and somewhat slushy on top when we left. It wasn't noisy, but I wonder what will happen in the coming week with warmer temperatures.

I keep trying to get my wife on to one of those experiences that gets a person hyped up about ice fishing like I feel, but no luck so far. Fortunately some small rainbows and cutts have sufficed so far! I guess I just need to commend her optimism and be glad she's willing to go, since most of my buddies seem to have lost the passion.
[signature]
Buddys are overated. Its good that your wife will spend time with you out on the ice. She may never like it as much as you do. And thats ok. Be sure to go with her when she asks. Thanks for the report.
[signature]