Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mead 1/28/15
Got on the water at boulder before dawn. Shad was a lil tougher today maybe because of the rain a few days back and the fact that I left the foot pedal for the tm on the kitchen table (dumbass!) Got some nice bigguns and headed out and landed on the striper right away wich is a change from my last few trips. I just drifted from where I hit 65' out to around 90' and caught fish consistently for an hour. Nice fish between 2 and 4lbs and one dink but even he was fat all the way to the tail. Sorry no pics I was just happy catchin em. I was headin back for more bait and got a call from work and headed for the dock. Still a nice half day on the water.

Good luck all!
[signature]
Awesome.
[signature]
Sounds like a great day. Glad to hear the shad are still there. Pretty sure any day now they will just disappear. Hoping to get out there Monday or Tuesday myself. Where abouts in the wash were you finding the stripers? Near outhouse cove or somewhere else? I have not had much success in the wash but I have found other spots on the lake where I do especially with the live shad. Thanks for the report [cool]
[signature]
They are available year round not that the Gizzard Shad has established themselves. Maybe 2 years ago they would've disappeared but that was because they were mostly threadfin shad.

The shad population has exploded, you can now net live bait up at south cove. We did it last summer. Also the guys have seen schools of shad up at Echo Bay areas.
[signature]
Yes striperdude near outhouse cove also near sand island.
Lots of schools of giant gizzards around also. They still fool me thinking its a boil starting up. Lol
Good luck bro!
[signature]