Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua 1/28
Fish Mantua from 9:00am to 1:30ish lots of standing water on the ice, not too many people out fishing today. Fished the deeper water just a few bites but no takers, it might be better if I had some sonar help, so I moved to the south side water depth about 6ft. caught some rainbows overall fun day but I'm not sure how much longer the ice will hold up..... Be careful with the warm weather along with the rain, the ice was still about 3-4 inches.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, been wondering how the ice is holding... If only 4" we may be done with the hard water soon... I'll bet it was slicker than greased lightning today, glad you made a safe trip... Thanks again for the info... J
[signature]
Not sure if you were fishing in a spot that had thin ice or not but if the ice thickness has gone from 7 plus inches a week ago, down to 3 or 4 inches while you were fishing, that is very bad news. Did you drill many holes in the areas you fished and if so was it the same ice thickness in every spot? Thanks for posting your report and welcome to the site.
[signature]
I fished on 7-8" Tuesday night. Must be coming off in a hurry.
[signature]
Yea, that was the thickness I was seeing as well.
[signature]
I fished Mantua yesterday from 3pm to about 6:30 pm. I was on the north east side in about 14 feet of water.

The ice has receeded about 10 feet from where the courtesy dock usually is. Had to walk about 100 yds to the south before I could find a safe place to get on. Once on the ice I was good.

Where I fished there was a good 6-8 inches of good ice.
[signature]
For fishing that late in the day, it does not sound like the ice is doing too bad. We had to walk down that same walkway when we go on the ice there as well and we we got off the ice at 1pm, it was looking pretty rough but we did not have any problems other than it was muddy. How was the catching for you?
[signature]