Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st time at the Berry
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]Going to Strawberry for the first time ever Saturday morning with my sons. I have a 4 wheel drive vehicle but don’t have an ATV or Snowmobile…..so I’m looking for a place to fish that isn’t going to require a ton of walking especially down any steep inclines. Not being familiar with the area…..can anyone recommend any good places to park.[/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]Also looking for some general advice on technique. Lures/ Depths etc…..would be appreciated. [/font]
[font "Calibri"]
[/font]
[font "Calibri"]Thanks[/font]
[font "Calibri"]
[/font]
[signature]
The "Ladders" on the east side is probably the easiest access to the lake. Chicken Creek isn't too bad either. At Strawberry Bay you have the boat ramp to walk down that isn't too bad. Good luck.
[signature]
I have fished the berry for years and have never used a snow machine or atv. I usually fish mud creek or chicken creek. I walk less when I fish mud creek.
[signature]
Thanks cableguy.....are the roads maintained to get down to Mud Creek and Chicken Creek areas? Or do you have to park right off of Hwy 40?
[signature]
It really depends upon the snow. When I last went up there any two wheel drive would probably have made it there just fine. The time before that though, 4 wheel drive was needed, but still doable.
[signature]
There are parking lots for both. In the past they have been plowed most of the time.
I am pretty sure they plow the marina parking lot and there is good fishing there as well but there are more people.
[signature]
FBum,

Strawberry is an absolutely fantastic place to fish (but of course you probably already know that). It is a big lake with lots of shore line and decent places to wet a line.

The information that you have received in the above replies is great. To add to that, I would strongly recommend that, as a new-bee to that lake, you purchase a map of Strawberry Reservoir. Get the one by "Fish-n-Map Co." It has marked on it some really good GPS coordinates. And, it's a fairly detailed map too. You can get that map at pretty much any fishing store in our area. You'll be glad you did.
[signature]