Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Cisco
First time netting Cisco was awesome If you haven't done it then it's worth a try. Was able to limit out two days in a row but the 3rd day was windy. Utilized the get low and crouch technique without getting in the water and had easy success. A guy next to me had on a red coat that wasn't doing good at all untill he took his coat off. Overall had a great time and plan to do it next year. A big thanks to Pugstone Sporting and some friendly Utah sportsman for the advice.

On the same note we scaled and gutted some then deep-fried with a batter and they were great.
[signature]
Thanks for the report.

What a difference a week makes.

I wish I were able to get up there this weekend when the run was at its peak. Next year I guess.
[signature]
[quote avidfisher]

On the same note we scaled and gutted some then deep-fried with a batter and they were great.[/quote]

So you ate the bones? Heads?
[signature]
Yeah I got to say it was a little "Fear Factorish" however the head and the bones were good. The women picked out the bones however they were fairly light. I love Kipper Snacks and I am thinking I will give the rest a light smoke then pressurize can them probably minus head and tail. If anyone has any recipes feel free to PM me.

On another note I am hooked and will be back next year. It is about a four hour drive however it's fishin or netting I guess.
[signature]