Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did your state increase fishing license fees this year?
Did your state increase fishing license fees this year?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
You bettere believe it. I'm sure you are already aware of the California increase. It's too bad that it went up and the fish planting schedule took a dive. Some of my favorite places are charging more for entrance and usage as well. But is that enough to dry my lines???? Not even!!!!!!!
[signature]
Our fishing licenses didn't go up but everything else did. Colorado's yearly park pass is now up to $55, daily access fees are up, the senior citizen's park pass went up and camping fees went up. Fishing holes that used to be "walk in and fish", now charge a fee just to get to the bank. I can understand the budget crunch, I'm in a crunch myself, but this state's elected reprepresentatives have gone just hog wild (do hogs really go crazy?) with cutting expenses (except their own salary, it went up too) and adding fees. I have been thinking about heading for Kansas this year, when it warms up, and trying a few of their fishing spots. I understand they have some outstanding fishing holes and are user friendly, i.e. the fish welcome out-of-staters and do everything to assist but kiss you.
[signature]
Hello John,

I know what you mean. $55 park pass seems pretty steep.

You may want to look into the lifetime lisence program while your fees are still reasonable. You pay once and your done. If they raise the rates it doesn't effect you. I know out here in California they raised them again and they are starting get fairly expensive.

Godd luck in Kansas, let us know how you do on the water there.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
I believe that Utah's fees stayed the same this year.
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Hi there TubeN2,[/size]

[size 1]Well at least here in the Golden State they combined the salt water license fee in with the fresh water license. Unfortunately I don't do any salt water fishing these days. Heard that the parking fees along some of the beach areas cost one almost the price of a license.[/size]

[size 1]How about a movement to get our legislatotrs to work part time. Like 3 months a year. That would save the state some of their salary plus they wouldn't have time to pass all these new laws. Like over 900 in 2003. Duh - give me a break please![/size]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2220;]
[signature]
OURS WAS PROPOSED , BUT I'M NOT SURE IT WILL COME INTO EFFECT UNTILL APRIL 15 TH.
OUR HEALTH INSURANCE JUST DOUBLED AT WORK , IT'S RUNNING NECK AND NECK WITH ALL COMBINED TAXES THAT ARE TAKEN OUT OF THE WEEKLY PAYCHECK .
IF WERE ALLOWED 5 FISH A DAY AND ONLY KEEP 2 , DO YOU THINK WE CAN GET A REBATE ? LOL !
[signature]
If that were the case then I should get about a 90% rebate if not more. I only keep about 10% of what I catch all year if even that.
[signature]
$34.25 for a fishing and small game license with a second rod stamp, the .25 is for search and rescue, if needed. And gee, I got a free fishing map. Wow. What a bargain. All in all, and all things considered, I still think that's a good deal, considering what the fine is for NOT having one on your person if a Game Warden, complete with 4"-barrel attached to a lethal .357 Magnum on his/hers hip, decides to check.

Colorado legislators are in session only four months before returning to their home planet and demension, and they started yesterday. They remind me of a group of ten-year olds fighting over the last cupcake. It should be called Colorado Day Care instead of legislature. But I won't say that, it would insult the true day care centers.
[signature]
your in for a little surprize cat man utah fishing licence went up 2.00 to 26.00 not to bad but what about next year another 2.00 and so on the year after ? they need to put a cap on it and stay there
[signature]
Here in CT. we pay the same as last year. $20.00 for fishing, $28.00 for a combination license. We don't have to pay for a saltwater license, yet. I hope our state boys don't talk to your guys in goverment out west, and get any ideas about park fees and other charges. We are getting less fish and pheasants stocked this year. Fish are suppose to be bigger, time will tell. Tight lines
[signature]
ours in Arkansas didnt move at all ours has been $10.50 for awhile now

Im sure they will soon tho

Park passes are $25
[signature]
Yeah, they got us also. Nevada Resident went from $21 to 29 and Senior's when from $5 to $13, the older gentleman behind the counter was very annoyed with that one. So after the license and the bells and whistles (stamps), a Resident is looking a about $55, just to fish.
[signature]
not that i know of , course I went last year and got my life time fishing licence , so eather way it wouldn't affect me. i figured that i was paying 30 a year for licence , so i just went and got my lifer!
[signature]

Hi there theangler,

Increased fishing license fees!? NOT!! for the guys that have got lifetime licenses! We who have put out the cash, for commiting to paying at least 10 more years in the state for fishing, can just sit back a watch the cost go up and up and up! And......... the privilidges go down, down, and down!

Oh ya, if we live out of state later, no problem, we still get the license 'MAILED' to us.

Get a 'life' time license! (No, insult intended to those who can't affort the cost, as in our society, understandably there are those good people who simply don't have the money.)

JapanRon
[signature]
lifetime ? hey , that could be a bargin , how about a rough amount on what that costs ?
[signature]
connecticut didn't raise the license fee's,their just stocking less,the only lifetime we have is when you turn 65,and is free,
[signature]
Oh, didn't realize the fishing license went up in Utah. However, I always get the combination fishing/hunting license, which is $34, same as last year. Is that right?
[signature]

Hi there theangler,

Interesting question. I think this will be great as a subject for an article on this very thing. Thanks for the inpiration. I'll throw in some comparitive stats vis a vis California, etc.

JapanRon
[signature]
Nope, not in North Dakota[Smile]
[signature]