Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek 2.7.15
Tried Lost Creek today since Strawberry road was shutdown.

I had no luck at lost creek. Got there late 830ish. Started in about 18 fow nothing. Moved to 30 fow same results. Tried out in the deeps at 75 fow and not A bite. Saw a few come thru the fish finder but not even a look at my presentation.

I threw down several different whites....tubes, paddle bugs, ratfinkies. With no results.

Would try it again but would want to start earlier. Maybe try farther to the east
[signature]
How was the ice?
[signature]
Cowboy Up!
How is the ice. Edges still good?
[signature]
It was 7 inches thick where I was fishing today and we cought 8 cutts including this gorgeous one I'll post and pic don't do justice starting getting a hook jaw to!
[signature]

[signature]
Nice fish. Thanks for sharing.
It's good to see Lost Creek kicking out some quality fish.[cool]
[signature]
Thank you and yes it has been!
[signature]
I decided to get out of the house yesterday afternoon (2/8/15) for a quick drive-by at Lost Creek. Headed up about 3pm, not a soul on the ice-- temperature was 50'F, maybe that had something to do with it. I was able to drive around to the east side across from the boat ramp. The edges looked solid, however I did not venture out as I was by my lonesome. Threw a couple of 10lb boulders on the ice and other than a soft inch or so of slush they held. I think I will wait for the open water myself.

One thing I am positive of is the deer and elk are having a great winter. Heading out at sundown I was able to spot a couple of large herds of elk up high to the east, and came up close and personal with a group of 5 bucks on the road out. For those who care, all the bigger bucks still had both sides of antlers, only one smaller 2 point had lost a side already.
[signature]
Sweet, thanks for the update on conditions. Awesome, seeing that much wildlife, did you get any pics of them?
[signature]
Most were viewed through binos, but I did get a couple of snapshots on the cell. I was kicking myself for not bringing my dslr with telephoto lens.
[signature]
Nice, good to see the deer coming through the Winter in such good shape, those deer are gong have some nice racks by Fall.
[signature]