Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to take the kids???
Hello fellow BFT'ers! It's been a while since I have posted, heck, its been a while since I've been fishing. I want to take the wife and kids out to Lake Mead next weekend for some fishing/picnic and need advice on where I could take them where I could back the truck up to the water or short hike. Not looking to catch monsters by any means, but maybe some gills or catfish would be nice. Soooo, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

TS
[signature]
Hey bud , just spent Saturday night at "8mile" there are a few spots down there that you can get close to the water and have some solitude , fish , and fun with the kids . "Govt Wash " is another you can also get down to the water but you will also have more people , sometimes not as much room for what you want to do , because of people launching boats and jet ski's from there. Keeping on the main trails and using common sence will keep you out of getting stuck . Some Lake Mead ground is softer than you think and some is harder than you think . I have learned this the hard way . lol . I have a 4x4 now , but have been to both spots in 2wd trucks more times than i can guess . have fun bro !!!
[signature]