Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake
We're going to Bear Lake this weekend. I've never fished it before and I was wondering if it is possible to fish from the shore or do you have to have a boat to have success. If it's possible to shore fish? Where would be a good place to try on the Utah side and what would be best to use?
[signature]
I would say, it will be tough catching fish from shore this time of the year, not impossible but tough. The two places I would try would be off the State parks marina or the shore at Cisco beach. They have been stocking more rainbow the last few years so rapalas or spinners might work but your best bet would be to fish the new community pond there in Garden city. Also check out the local tackle shop up there, Pugstones, Darin knows the latest and best spots to fish, so drop in, I'm sure he can help you. Good luck.
[signature]
I would also consider the weed bed area off first point. As WH2 shared, can be tough from the shore at BL, but these three places will give you the best. Try throwing large spoons, spinners or soaking some cutt baits, or Cisco is you have some. Good luck
[signature]
Thanks for the advice. I'll give that a try.
[signature]