Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba?
Has anyone fished Yuba lately? How is the fishing? Is the ice totally gone.
[signature]
Haven't fished it lalately but they did put a dock in at oasis this week.
[signature]
Planning to head down that way on Monday. Supposed to be the coldest day we have had in a while, but if the sun comes out should make for an enjoyable boat ride.

I figure if the ice doesn't want to play along then I will get out the boat.

I did see on the Yuba state park facebook page that some folks did catch a couple of 20+ pound pike about a week ago.
[signature]
Went today on my boat. ramps in. Water is up a little and dirty. No ice. No fish. Didnt see or hear of one person even getting a fallow.
[signature]
Shoot.. was planning to head down soon. I thought ice off and cooler temps were the ticket? Catching a Northern Pike is still on the ole' bucket list.
[signature]
[quote Hoola_bob]Planning to head down that way on Monday. Supposed to be the coldest day we have had in a while, but if the sun comes out should make for an enjoyable boat ride.

I figure if the ice doesn't want to play along then I will get out the boat.

I did see on the Yuba state park facebook page that some folks did catch a couple of 20+ pound pike about a week ago.[/quote]

The pics on their facebook page are from a couple years ago. When I asked about it they deleted my comment. They know the fishing has tanked but still want to fool a bunch of people in to coming down and spending some money.
[signature]
[quote utahgolf]

The pics on their facebook page are from a couple years ago. When I asked about it they deleted my comment. They know the fishing has tanked but still want to fool a bunch of people in to coming down and spending some money.[/quote]

Though that is correct, they did actually state the pictures are from years past. The post is about fish that were caught within the last week, though they did not have pictures of that to post.
[signature]
[quote Hoola_bob][quote utahgolf]

The pics on their facebook page are from a couple years ago. When I asked about it they deleted my comment. They know the fishing has tanked but still want to fool a bunch of people in to coming down and spending some money.[/quote]

Though that is correct, they did actually state the pictures are from years past. The post is about fish that were caught within the last week, though they did not have pictures of that to post.[/quote]

I caught the "edit" as well.
[signature]
Caught 2 on sat. A 30, and a 36
[signature]

That is a nice looking pike !!!
[signature]
Good job man.... that's a nice looking fish with good color. Way to go [Wink] Fred K.
[signature]
Great looking pike. Nice to see some success out of yuba.
[signature]
Great fish. Thanks for the report. Were the fish shallow or deep?
[signature]
About 10 to 12 feet.
[signature]