Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Catfish Challenge is open for entries
Quote:There's more than one way to skin a cat!

Time to put down the short poles, grab the big bait and sturdy rods and get ready for another year of serious (fun) cat catching action and adventure.
[inline "2015 BFT CatFish Logo.jpg"]
If you're interested in joining.
1. Go to the CONTEST board, read the rules.
2. There is a post there you can comment and state your interest to join. Or send me a PM.

This post will likely get lost in the daily flow of rad-reports, so feel free to express your interest here, but PLEASE go the Contest board so I have a better chance of keeping track.

I look forward to another great season of cat-catching with an incredible bunch of anglers. You're all good sports, and I'm sure it'll be a hoot. Banter and smacktalk is welcome, insults not so much - but haven't had a problem yet.

A little review:
2012: UTcatman(N) was #1, and the North won bragging rights
2013: Boatloadofkids(S) was #1, and the North won bragging rights.
2014: Gmwhal(N) was #1, and - um- the North won overall bragging rights - again.

Although the contest encourages you to get out and catch lots of cats, please respect this incredible resource and consider C&R, especially of the largest fish.

As the reigning champion Gmwahl is already in.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=919511;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]2015 Catfish Contest Rules[/url]

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=919514;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"][/url][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=919514;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]2015 Catfish Contest Entries, Chatter box[/url]

[inline "Scales N vs S.jpg"]
Coyote, the links for the rules and the chatterbox are both broken (404)
[signature]
Weird. Thanks - fixed now.
Ok replied now just awaiting your PM. [sly]
[signature]
Just a heads up, with all the anxious catters who can't wait to get started, and don't ever want to quit, plus the unseasonably warm weather, the Contest start has been pushed to March 1st, and will end at on Halloweem, end of October.

So sharpen your hooks, freshen your bait, respool the heavy test rods, and get ready for it.
Bumper boards can be used as well, long as they "qualify". Still want to see a BFT Logo in your pics, your handle, and the year.
Saw a metal one at Wally's, but it only goes to 22", and that just ain't gonna cut it!
Just to let ya'll know, I haven't fallen off the planet, just crazy busy at work.

BUT - I've Got a stack of PPals and some snail mail to trak and record. I'll get it before the weekend is up and post up a list who's in, who's paid. Official entries can start beginning Sunday, so get your hooks sharp, bait freshened, and get out there! The cats are waiting and ready..
[quote CoyoteSpinner]Just to let ya'll know, I haven't fallen off the planet, just crazy busy at work.

BUT - I've Got a stack of PPals and some snail mail to trak and record. I'll get it before the weekend is up and post up a list who's in, who's paid. Official entries can start beginning Sunday, so get your hooks sharp, bait freshened, and get out there! The cats are waiting and ready..[/quote]

mwahahaha!!!!!

Here kitty kitty kitty[sly]
[signature]
OK Yote, That answers my question.......just glad you were not tied up somewhere. If the weather continues to improve, I think I'm going to get out on Willard in the morning, and then Sunday make my first trip up to Benson. See ya there "maybe" ?
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
how do i sign up.
[signature]
Official Results and standings are posted on the contest page.
Appreciate Skunked keeping up a play-by-play, but I'll post my standard format graphs, charts from time to time. It does help to have a point of comparison to review, see - woops - what'd I miss!

If you do see any errors or omissions, just send me a pm.
There are still slots open, and a few folks that expressed interest haven't become "official" entrants.

Appreciate all the enthusiasm and turnout this year! Wow. Now show me the kitty!

Team totals are neck-n-neck, with (no surpise) BLK in the lead, both for total and biggest cat (first 30!). But that's followed closely by Hogstalker's 29.5, and he only has two fish entered. Plenty more fun ahead no doubt!

[inline "Contest Results Graph 5_17_15.jpg"]