Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drug Recall
[indent][font "arial,helvetica"][font "Verdana"][#000000][size 3]

[/size][/#000000][/font][font "Times New Roman"][#000000][size 3]

[/size][/#000000][/font][font "Verdana"][#000000][size 2]All drugs containing PHENYLPROPANOLAMINE are being recalled. You may want to try calling the 800 number listed on most drug boxes and inquire about a REFUND. Please read this CAREFULLY. Also, please pass this on to everyone you know.

STOP TAKING anything containing this ingredient. It has been linked to
increased hemorrhagic stroke (bleeding in the brain) among women ages 18-49 in the three days after starting use of medication. Problems were not found in men, however, the FDA recommended that everyone (even children) seek an alternative medicine.

The following medications contain Phenylpropanolamine:

Acutrim Diet Gum Appetite Suppressant
Acutrim Plus Dietary Supplements
Acu trim Maximum Strength Appetite Control
Alka-Seltzer Plus Children's Cold Medicine

Effervescent

Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold medicine (cherry or orange)
Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold Medicine Original
Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Cough Medicine
Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Flu Medicine
Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold & Sinus Effervescent
Alka Seltzer Plus Night-Time Cold Medicine

BC Allergy Sinus Cold Powder
BC Sinus Cold Powder
Comtrex Flu Therapy & Fever Relief
Day &Night Contac 12-Hour Cold Capsules
Contac 12 Hour Caplets
Coricidin D Cold, Flu & Sinus

Dexatrim Caffeine Free
Dexatrim Extended Duration
Dexatrim Gelcaps
Dexatrim Vitamin C/Caffeine Free
Dimetapp Cold & Allergy Chewable Tablets
Dimetapp Cold & Cough Liqui-Gels
Dimetapp DM Cold & Cough Elixir
Dimetapp Elixir
Dimetapp 4 Hour Liquid Gels
Dimetapp 4 Hour Tablets
Dimetapp 12 Hour Extentabs Tablets

Naldecon DX Pediatric Drops
Permathene Mega-16
Robitussin CF
Tavist-D 12 Hour Relief of Sinus & Nasal Congestion
Triaminic DM Cough Relief
Triaminic Expectorant Ches t & Head
Triaminic Syrup Cold & Allergy
Triaminic Triaminicol Cold & Cough

I just found out and called the 800# on the container for Triaminic
and they informed me that they are voluntarily recalling the following medicines because of a certain ingredient that is causing strokes and seizures in children:

Orange 3D Cold &Allergy Cherry (Pink)
3D Cold &Cough Berry
3D Cough Relief Yellow 3D Expectorant

They are asking you to call them at 800-548-3708 with the lot number on the box so they can send you postage for you to send it back to them, and they will also issue you a refund.

If you know of anyone else with small children, PLEASE PASS THIS ON. THIS IS SERIOUS STUFF!

DO PASS THIS ALONG TO ALL ON YOUR MAILING LIST so people are informed. They can then pass it along to their families.

To confirm these findings please take time to check the following:

URL: Phenylpropanolamine Information Page

[url "http://wwwfda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/ppa/default.htm"][#0000ff]http://wwwfda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/ppa/default.htm[/#0000ff][/url] [/size][/#000000][/font][/font][/indent]
[signature]
Thanks for the heads up davetclown. This has become one of our primary questions that we ask now in the Fire Dept on an type of emergency involving children and women.
[signature]
I wonder why they didn't put Sudaphed on your list. That is the key non drowsy ingredient ingredient in the form of PHENOLPROPONALOMINE HYDROCLORIDE.
[signature]
ya, I know what ya mean, there was another one that was reported by the news yesterday, a vitamin pill, if you take 50 of them, there is enough hallucenigenics in them to get a man trippin.

I cant remember the name of it or even or would I place on the board if I could.

a little knolage in the wrong hands is a deadly combination.
[signature]
We are always running across stuff like that in the public and private schools here in CA. We are always asking "What was he on?" Only to get the response of "jfjlfjajdsa" they will come up with some wierd name that only meant that they took some aspirin with some vitamin mixed with alka seltzer and some other over the counter diet pill or other medication.

It is hard to treat symptoms that are all over the map.
[signature]
I dont envey your job. not in the least bit. I know it has to take some kinda stamina in order to see that and wonder just what was going so bad in tha kids life that they needed artificial stimilation.

I know, I hear some times the kids are just looking for a good time. It breaks my heart regardless.

I remember my sith grade teacher telling the class that by the time we reached the age of 40 we would have 5 frends who had died from drugs and achohal. the Saddes part of that statement is I lost that many frends before I was even out of high school. 4 on one new years night. ages 16, 18, 19, 18. all closed caskets.

two weeks befor they died the subject came up about dieing, and how every one wanted to be remembered, and I remember telling them, dont go getting your selves killed, cause I dont have any thing to wear to your furneral. I attended 4 furnerals that day in a bright pink shirt cause that was all I had the wasnt ripped or torn.

some of the nicest church going kids you ever wanted to meat. no one would have ever thought...

ya know the hardest part is explaining to kids today that tomaro comes way to fast, and there are a good number of us who wont be here tomarow, and they are the ones who need to cary on the torch.

no one can explain the pain that is brought on to frends neibors family members when they are gone.

I have attempted for years to teach the kids to experiment with life and not drugs.

Using all my entrest and most of my funds to show the kids what is out there in this world, I put fishing poles in any kids hand I could. I have taken them skiing, I have put them in prades. taken them to orchards. help them to develop personal relational skills so they can comunitate openly with family and frends.

I tought my 4-H club members to venture out on their own. if they had an idea to share it with every one in the club. and that they did. you should have seen the project and outhings they come up with. one came up with a trip to annarbor to a sicnce musium. (couldnt get the kids to wanna leave...lol) we attended all sorts of movies. we studied plans as well because we had two vegitarians in the club. but they too even went on our fishing trips because they learned the importance in sharing lifes experiances. even if they did not agree with the life styles of others they would at least walk a mile in their shoes for their own benifit.

my rewards dont come in the form of treasures or funds. it comes from seeing my kids acheiving their hearts desires. one is becomming a lawyer, one is a construction worker, one is working as a cheff, one has become an international teacher and writes his own comic books that are published in 6 different languages, one has become a concert violinest right out of high school and paid her own way through collage. one has become a profecional cheer leader. one has become a nurce, one was nearly burried in the twin towers, one became a hero and saved another kids life from drowning in Ice cold water. one is a legal secritary (parileagle I thing she calls it) one is a vetrenarian.

me I wanted to do every thing. and through these kids I am. I have set forward in motion the best kids on the block in various feilds. all good hearted and true to the cause of humanity as a hole. they have respect for one another and respects eachers life's goals with an open mind and open hearts.

so by the time I was 40 I new 20 such frends who died from drugs and alcohal eather by ingesting it or being killed by some one who had. I hope a kid reads this post one day, I hope they can find some sence of it, I hope they see how much life has to offer even if things go sour for long periods of time. I hope that they gain the knolage of much they realy mean to one another even if they dont share the same religion, politics, life styles.

I remember as a kid, hearing the hippies and flower power folk talking about getting high on life. I thought ya light up another funny cigarett. one day I found my high in life. yes I love fishing, it is my lifes bread. the good lord blessed me with the nack of angling my dinner. but I found another high. Balloon Animals. for just a couple pennies I can light up the faces of children from 2 to 102. I treasure each Smile I have received. and in the good book that counts a real treasure. treasure I can count on for generations to come.

I hope one day when a kid reads this they too will find a natural high. they do exist. just open a heart open a mind and look and listen.
[signature]
I come home everyday with memories and stories. With some of the stuff that I see your average "Joe Smith" would either cry or chuck his cookies.

My kids are always anxious to hear about things that happened in the course of the day. I share some of it with them without giving names or too much detail. It is a good way to diffuse the days events and be recharged for the next day.

I always tell them though, "Tomorrow is not promised to anyone, and today may only be for awhile".
[signature]
[size 2]For me when the conversation get's to serious it's " Pull my finger! "[blush][laugh][/size]
[signature]
On some calls that I arrive to, that is the last sound out of the body. That does give us a clue as to a gastrointestinal related cause of death. Somebody must have just pulled the finger 2 seconds before we get there. Pffffffpppppppppp. Thats all we hear.
[signature]