Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Utah Catfish Challenge SkunkedAgain
Let it begin, here's hoping for a great year!!!
[signature]
Skunk finally broke today caught 2 channels from Cutler and they were twins both measured 22" each. Can't remember did I forget any info I was supposed to provide? Later J
[signature]
Hey Jeff, you want those counted in the contest this year? The bump box looks good to me, but where is your BFT Catfish Contest placard?
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Yote's getting me a decal so I can decorate, but didn't have it yet. Figured these two will be replaced soon so I didn't stress too much if they counted or not. Just putting up a starting mark for everyone to beat. Later J
[signature]
Well if those last ones don't count how about these. Caught Friday March 13 on Cutler Reservoir. I measured 21", 22" and 23" Catfish and a 25.5" Carp. And I had my placard there today. Later J
[#005000]
I'll skip that first bloody mess, and start with these.
21, 22, 23 pnts
and 25.5" carp. But where's it's scales! haha
[/#005000]
Doh![pirate]
[signature]
Just average size, I know you'll beat them soon, but at least I got my dance card filled for now. Time to start trying to go bigger. Later J
[signature]
Here's a real fish, but I can't count it. Caught Mar 14 on Cutler but it was on my set line. 27.5" wish it would have taken my pole line. But the big kitties are stirring. J
[signature]
Crap! Ya had me all worked up. Setline eh? Oh well, its still a great catch. You'll beat it soon enough.
Now, timt to dig out the sucker fillets and see what I can dredge up.
[signature]
I got some of that Bear Lake sucker from white fishing, I forgot about that, I'll have to try it next trip. Oh I did return that cat so it's still growing for later on. I used the setline to prospect and see what to use and also to catch some carp. Got 2 that were 25" ers and a couple mudcats and two channels and all baits were hit but one it was a carp minnow. Caught fish on half the hooks and had one break off. Sort of fun to try. I was worried they might swallow the hook but every one was lip hooked so that was good. Anyway I think I'll use that when things aren't working to help dial in what or where to try but it takes too long to set up. Later J
[signature]
I'm glad to know there are honest people in the contest.
Oh' and I love the measuring box, Might have to build me one of those.
[signature]
I do like that bump board, but it's too big for my toon, but if I get a real big cat it will be great to help keep the fish in place while I try to take pictures. It's so hard to get the fish straight and take a picture that's clear and has the placard and all. I need to simplify it further but I do like the box. I recommend building one. Later J
[signature]
Jeff, If I had thought of it sooner, I would have motored up around your place Saturday. Might have been able to "poach" a couple of those cats.[sly]. Next time I'm up that way, will have to work more up the east side near your place. Nice batch of cats you got there. Gonna save the smaller ones for the Flotilla cook-out this year?[laugh]
[signature]

Cool
Hey Forest I didn't see your post yet so I'll have to catch up with how you did. Fishing hasn't been fast but it's getting better. Been letting all my kitties go, except for one that I injured and we are talking about trying pig-out chowder this year for the flotilla. I'll need to get to willard and get a limit or two of wiper and eyes before but I'm looking forward to that. PM me before you go next time I'll see if I can help your trip out. Later J
[signature]
Bump up one fish. Caught 3-19-15 in Cutler Reservoir. I measured it at 24". Later J
[#005000]
That works. And look at those lovely tan colors.
24 pnts
[/#005000]
Jeff, as soon as I can start catchin some Wiper and Walleye at Willard (huh...the 3 W's) will be happy to fillet them out and freeze em, the drop of to ya when I make trips up to your area. Will that help?
[signature]

Cool
Forest, that would be great!! Not sure how many will hit a Flotilla this year, but expect we will need a fair pot of chowder to feed the crew... I know I eat more than my share of that stuff, so I expect others will like it as well... I hope to try Willard Friday and hopefully I can put a few fish in the freezer myself... Good eats I like that stuff... Thanks for the offer.... Jeff
[signature]
Bump today 3-30-2015 caught a channel cat in Benson and I measure at 25". Later J
[signature]
Sorry forgot the picture to the last post. Caught 3-30-15, Benson and 25" Channelcat. J

[#005000]Yeah, oughta better include the picture, or well start calling your GhostFisher!

25pnt. You IS gonna make me work, now ain't ya!

(sorry, can't count the setline.)
[/#005000]
I was wondering where the pics went.
[signature]